VRAYLAR available in pharmacies!

Available in Pharmacies
VRAYLAR™ (cariprazine) is indicated for:
–Treatment of schizophrenia in adults

–Acute treatment of manic or mixed episodes associated with bipolar I disorder in adults
www.vraylar.com

5 Likes

Everyone - Please post if you try it.

More info here:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/allergan-announces-u-availability-vraylar-120000952.html

Similar to Abilify and Rexulti, Vraylar is another partial dopamine agonist - big on akathesia and anxiety side effects.

I am a bit leary trying another partial dopamine agonist - Abilify induced psychosis - like awful Hallucinations.

Just because its not a med for me doesnt mean that it wont help some others suffering from SZ or bipolar.

Very few medications have helped me with stabilizing my moods - DEPAKOTE and RISPERDAL have been 2 very effective meds for me.

I am not a big fan of the newer antipsychotics - seems like they could make things worse for me.

2 Likes

James,
thanks for the heads up. I would think about Vraylar, but it comes as a capsule that can’t be cut in half.
It has a dopamine D3 affect that is unusual.
Am interested to hear how patients do on it.

Goodrx still shows it as not availible in my area

Neat! It’s supposed to have even less side effects than abilify. I hope this helps people!!

1 Like

Vraylar is more antagonistic than Abilify, if that makes sense. So yes it’s still a partial agonist, but if Abilify lets less dopamine than normal into receptors then Vraylar (should) allow even less than that.

Partial agonists can be dangerous if your psychotic symptoms are more severe but remember the main goal of them is to minimize their amplification of negative symptoms and reduce chances of getting or at least the severity of tardive dyskinesia.

Yes, then Vraylar could be similar to Rexulti.

Rexulti is also more antagonistic than Abilify.

Abilify made me crazy!

I really want to know if it’s very effective for the negative symptoms like they say. :blush:

1 Like

I think you should try it wave.

1 Like

Unfortunaltely not available in France :confused:

You can call your local pharmacy i just did they can import Vraylar to Belgium

I’ve been taking Vraylar for a while. I like it. It causes insomnia and weight gain.

Do you need a prescription for vraylar? I want to try it.

Just another Atypical nothing new then I guess,…