Vocational rehab program

So I have worked full time for four consecutive months. My work performance is not good enough but I haven’t skip a day of work. They sent me away and I tried to get a simple job. I have got some replies it is possible to get a job with minimum wage. Now that the people of the vocational rehab program get me another job at their center. It’s a clerical job, paying a bit better. I think I’m in the best shape since I’ve got diagnosed. Work is manageable. The most difficult part is related to use of photocopying machine and invoice processing. I hope with time I can handle this good enough. Really need to fully focus my attention. Often feel a little confused. Luckily it doesn’t give me headaches.

I think it is possible to get a job. I think Im on the right track. I think I’ll keep working for NGOs. They seemed to be more accepting to my disability. I wish I could keep this new job for at least a year. If I leave this job, I’ll try other category of opening of the same NGOs. Maybe I can work as a care taker. I think people from the vocational rehab program is supportive. I feel more hopeful now.

With the low income, I’m saving up almost all of my salary. I use part of it to cure my chronic foot pain which is killing me. I am also spending on weight loss pills. I have seen a psychiatrist prescribe them to a patient in the hospital. They work. It would be desirable to give myself a push. Since I lost almost all of my muscles and get really thin before I balloon up with the effects of med, it would be difficult to get me in vigorous exercise. I’m hoping it works for me. Hopefully, I would find out in 2 months. Really want to see the results.

2 Likes

Great news - congratulations on your success so far. Keep up the good effort!

If I were you , I would research the weight loss pills online before I spent my hard earned money on them. Research that pill specifically and just research weight loss pills in general.
Yeah, I’ve been to a couple vocational programs in the past. They’ve gotten me jobs; it’s a good way to go.

1 Like

You are right, @77nick77. But I’ve ordered already. I just wish I haven’t waste my money.

that is amazing that you can do that goggles, well done,

its something that i dream about, getting a job i mean idk

sorry about your foot, i hope you can get some help for that :slight_smile:

Thanks daydreamer. I left the job market for four years after hearing voices. It gets a little bit better over time. It takes a long time to try and gets results. The vocational program helps me to get a job. I wish everything goes well with you.

1 Like

Welcome back Goggles and I’m glad your able to keep moving forward. It’s not easy, but it sounds like you have a plan.

Good luck and I hope your foot stops hurting very soon.

1 Like

Hi @SurprisedJ it is so good to see u here again. :wave:

1 Like

The most proven and effective pills for weight loss for people with schizophrenia are Metformin. And exercise and eating control.