Veganism - What are your thoughts?

Always the opportunist.

I ate a few cheeseburgers the other week and got hypertension…

I sometimes get hypertension after eating too!

Usually after eating things high in carbs like icecream, calzone, noodles etc.

You can get vegan & vegetarian burgers that taste like real meat (or better!) .

1 Like

Cant do veganism or vegetarianism. The closest I can do it cut out red meat and pig. But I need some chicken in my diet every day.

Really it’s about protein intake for me. If you knew me you’d find I don’t give many ■■■■■ about food. I just want it to be easy to ingest.

My friends have complained. They also scoffed at the concept of grainitarianism… Which is a passion project of mine.

The focus is on imperishable goods. Fruits and veggies are a hard thing to manage keeping in the home for me.

Bird is some good mood meat. Turkey sandwiches have saved my life many times.

1 Like

If you already have disordered eating, just be careful that going vegan doesn’t turn into orthorexia. I fell down that rabbit hole once and it was no fun.

2 Likes

I only eat turkey 1 day a year but I enjoy it on that day. I don’t eat turkey sandwiches something throws me off about it.
But chicken???

especially the thighs, legs, wings I love. Don’t love the breast but add a little hot sauce and its great also. I prefer the darker meat.

It’s the guilt. It hit when you realized you were eating MY cheeseburgers.

Have you no shame?

1 Like

I’m talking about human pain and a fundamental part of it is how we experience that nervous signal.

This is a new term to me. I think we all have suffered from this at one point in our lives.

I think I will be okay. I’m excited to try vegan icecream, chocolate, cheese, yoghurt etc.

1 Like

The cheese was no good. I’m sure there are better options than the crap they have around here. Pressed canola oil with artificial flavoring. Bogus.

That was another project I meant to get around to. Getting a good culture for vegan cheese. Should come out more similar to the real deal.

Orthorexia: an obsession with eating foods that one considers healthy.

@shutterbug I hand you a cheeseburger

@Azley Are you going to make your own vegan cheese?

That was what I was going to attempt. I do like veganism but I do like cheese and all the store bought stuff was not a good substitute.

1 Like

Im 19 and vegetarian , your parents are joking with you, same as mines

1 Like

That’s why. Parents, especially mother’s have a panic attack when their kids “take off”. They raised you for so long they don’t know who they are without you. So they react the only way they know how, with aggression.

1 Like

Hilarious phrasing as always arturo…

1 Like

I made a mozeralla like substance out of salt, oil, and potato starch… some garlic powder… it was actually pretty convincing the first time around.

A couple days later though the potato flavor started to dominate and it was more or less just like eating mashed potatoes.

1 Like

I don’t know how she would have coped if I was still going to university this year…

1 Like

W-where?

1 Like