Trust and being liked

I wanted some perspective on this. I’ve been alone for most of my life. The one girl I loved in the past was terribly frustrated, anxious, and depressed inside. Though I was in like with her, there was very little trust of that on her end and I was unable to trust she really liked me because she was so turned in on herself to behave consistently in a manner that she felt positive about me…

It’s an odd thing to consider being liked and adored mutually with someone who I like and adore. I have hallucinations that are kind of giving me a glimpse into what that would be like. It’s a really odd thing to think that someone I love could love me in return, because that ■■■■ has always been unbalanced.

Anyone care to share their insights on mutual love? Was it tough to trust the other person’s feelings for you at first? Did it work out in the end? etc…

I’d appreciate insight into this…

I don’t know about mutual love. But to me true love doesn’t fail even the other person likes someone else, as long as he/she is happy.

1 Like

My bf must really love me since hes very patient with me and always forgives me whenever i have bad behaviours or i freak out or have any symptoms. I think anyone that does and says nice things to you cares for you. If they stick by you even during your worst moments. I thi k that is love.

1 Like

The compulsion to forgive is a sign of truly caring… I agree.

1 Like

It was really hard for me to accept or trust my current partner’s love for me in the beginning.

We are from different states. We had a long distance relationship for a year before I moved to be with him.

I was convinced that the girls from his (now my) home town were better looking, better placed in life to start relationships with etc.

It was really tough at the beginning, I’m not a competitive person but I felt like I had (perceived) competition.

Then I finally accepted and trusted that it was only me he is interested in and when we were (and still today are) together, there is no other world than our very own.

3 Likes

I never thought I’d ever be with someone because I grew up basically on my own, I never sought out others for anything.
Along comes a weird guy and within 4 months from the time we met to the day we married, lasted 25 years.
I trusted until the trust was twisted and broken, and couldn’t trust him since then, the more I worried about whether he really liked me or not, the more twisted and creepy he became.

Then I met another odd fellow and again-married. this time going on 3 years.
I don’t go looking for trouble, because chances are, I’d find it.
Sometimes you just have to trust others, but there are different levels of trust too. I love my cat and trust her, but I don’t trust her with my tuna sandwich.

3 Likes

I think if someone likes you, you’ll just know it. Actions speak louder than words. I have moments of doubts too but we do stuff for eachother and that’s what matters. You just feel comfortable in each other’s company. :two_hearts:

You can confront the other person anytime you have a doubt.

You’re a very likeable person @Azley :rabbit:

3 Likes

Yes, talk is cheap. Actions are all that matters.

2 Likes

This is a good question. I think gut feelings are often dependable. And I second what other posters have said, actions do “speak louder than words.”

If someone really likes/cares/loves you they’ll at least take the time to call or hang out. Or even message you (fb etc).

But it’s hard in today’s world. Lots of people are married, have kids, careers etc. It’s hard to stay in touch with some people. Thankfully we have technology to improve that

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.