Trilafon, any one on it?

Hey all, I’ve been taken off Latuda because the stupid drug company wanted $750.00 for a month supply even with their supposed ‘savings affordability’ card. So obviously I couldn’t take that anymore.

So I got switched to Trilafon, which is a very old anti-psychotic according to my doctor, but has proven the test of time. I’ve been on it for about a month (with a Geodon chaser twice a day) and lately I’ve not been doing well. I saw my doc yesterday and she upped the dose by 6 mgs and told me to watch out for drooling or uncontrollable muscle twitches. I’m nervous.

Has anyone had any experience good or bad with Trilafon?

Thanks for any and all input.

I was on it for a while. Good med…no side effects.

I was on it for almost a year. It is a mild, typical anti-psychotic, if that’s not a contradiction in terms. It was less debilitating than most anti-psychotics were for me, particularly the typicals.

Thanks for the feedback!

Used to be on it. Had some dry mouth and some rigidity, but not that bad.

I’d give it a 7. Hard to dance to…

I take 16 to 20 mg a day along with an antidepressant. I drool at night when I sleep but not to much. My psychiatrist did not want to put me on a higher dose than 20 becaus I might get td or somthing. It helps with my schizophrenic symptoms alot. I sleep about 12 hours a day if I can, I dont feel right if I dont get at least 10 hours a day. I am really groggy when I get up and need coffee to snap out of it.