Torn on whether to watch "Game of Thrones" series?

Or not? I watched the whole first season and by the turn of near a third into the second season I got really depressed and scared for everybody so I stopped watching the series. my question is…for those who have seen the whole series, does it let the good win in the land or is it just a spiral downwards with evil taking over? I felt doomed while watching the second season. I liked the ritual where the princess got her dragons…but other than that. just a sad series I think.

There is a scene called “the red wedding” which is not for the faint of heart. If it upset you at the first two seasons, lol, do not continue

2 Likes

If it’s triggering you, definitely give it a miss. It’s quite a dark show at times and it’s not everybody’s cup of tea. I’m sure it will be repeated and positive with the popularity collectors editions on DVD etc will be released in the future. So sure if you want to try again later. I’m sure it will be available.

It’s only just finished the fourth series and as far as I know the books are still being written.

1 Like

when this started becoming all the rage I was tempted to get the book. My sis was telling me about all the blood and violence…

I already know that would do me in.

I haven’t seen any of it… and I feel fine.

Without giving away any spoilers, if you like the Starks, stop watching. If you like the Lannisters, stop watching. If you like…um just about everyone else, stop watching. Lol, Martin likes to tear things down and slaughter main characters left and right.

Great series but not the most uplifting.

1 Like

thanks Malvok, I don’t read Stephen King for the same reason. I won’t be watching Game of Thrones.