Tomorrow my birthday dinner wooo

@eduvigis remember I said Ethiopian food was similar to Eritrean food but you said they were different. Well turns out they’re pretty similar because I’m going to an Ethiopian/Eritrean restaurant for my birthday dinner tomorrow!! So they must be similar if both cuisines are paired together in one restaurant. Although my birthday isn’t till Monday, the restaurant is closed Monday’s. I’m so excited because the first time I had Ethiopian food was the best meal of my life. Of course my racist dad had to make some bigoted poor tasted joke about choosing Ethiopian food for my birthday …but oh well I try to ignore that man and 100% of the things he has to say about other cultures… can’t wait to spend Time with my two best friends in the whole world, my sister and my brother in law!! And my mom is cool too.

8 Likes

What is Ethiopian food dude

Give some examples

2 Likes

I only had African food once in my life. Can’t remember which country. It was a long time ago and I completely forgot the taste too. I’m useless…

1 Like

Happy birthday!:tada::birthday::cake::bouquet:

Hope you enjoy your dinner.

1 Like

It’s saucy and served on thin bread u eat it with ur hands. It’s mostly land animals and vegetables. It can be spicy or mild. In much of Africa, the poor people eat seafood (lobsters and stuff) while the richer people eat land animals like chickens and cows. Opposite of the USA. But I assume the restaurants in America are opened by rich African people…which is why there’s no seafood in these restaurants.

1 Like

Like a bunny chow. Hey kickk ars

Goat was another example I heard but don’t think they have goat at this restaurant!! Haven’t heard about bunnies being eaten but I’ll take your word for it!! After all you are from Africa!!!

Btw the restaurant got 4.6 on yelp!! I went to my first Ethiopian restaurant in Boston it only got like 3.2 and that was amaaaazing!!

HapPy EaRly BirThDaY to Youuuuuu @Goyankees

:grin:

1 Like

They the best serious haha ul love it

1 Like

Happy :birthday: birthday. I hope you have a great day !

1 Like

I found the Ethiopian restaurant people in Boston to be so nice and humble. They were very grateful to be running a striving business in America. I told her I thought the plate was spicy and she said “oh I’m so sorry do you want your money back?!?!!” I was like na spicy is good!! But it was seriously the most spicy food I ever had. The owners of the restaurant here at home look like really nice and humble people too.

Happy birthdaY Goyankees!

1 Like

Have fun at your birthday dinner. Apparently Ethiopians make an awesome lentil dish called Azifa? I love lentils. Happy birthday for Monday, just incase I forget.

1 Like

I don’t see azifa on the menu. But I do see this

$13
Birsin
whole brown lentils simmered in a mild ethiopian curry sauce seasoned with traditional herbs

2 Likes

They also have this!

$13
Timtumo
split lentils slow-simmered in a berbere sauce [medium]

I will probably get a meat dish though.

1 Like

Sounds like a Yummy experience!
Happy Birthday @Goyankees! :birthday: :fireworks:

1 Like

Happy Birthday, @Goyankees !!!

1 Like

Happy Birthday @Goyankees. :birthday: I hope you enjoy your birthday dinner.

Some years ago, I was on a date with a guy and we were walking around downtown Berkeley trying to decide what restaurant to go to. We passed an Ethiopian restaurant and I said let’s try that. He made some smartass remark like “the food can’t be very good since the Ethiopian people are so thin”. What an asshat. :unamused: Needless to say, that was my first and last date with that guy. :rolling_eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah I was waiting do my dad to make a joke like that. Fortunately his joke wasn’t that distasteful! Although he was probably thinking of it. All he said was “I’m gonna start a new business, selling forks and knives outside the restaurant so people don’t have to eat with their hands”. I guess it wasn’t that bad but he has a track record unaccepting of different cultures. I dunno why he can’t be open minded he grew up in the hippie movement with peace :v:️ and love :heart:️ but I guess that doesn’t matter and you can’t teach an old dog :dog: new tricks.

1 Like