Thoughts on 'cute but psycho' shirts?

I always thought psycho was short for psychopath.

Regardless, I don’t like the shirt.

I don’t like shirts with writing on them in general. I once thought of a great idea for one though, a black tshirt that says “Black tshirt silver text” because there was this trend in Australia a few years ago for all written on shirts to be black and the text in silver.

I like shirts with food on them. Either pictures of, or actual food (like mustard stains … mustard tiger).

2 Likes

how I always thought of it was, if someone said ‘she’s psycho’ it would be short for she’s psychotic and if someone said ‘she’s a psycho’ it would refer more to she’s a psychopath. Since it can’t really work reversed like she’s psychopath or she’s a psychotic.

2 Likes

I think psychopaths are the worst MI

2 Likes

@Moonwalker I feel sympathetic towards them. (Kinda ironic right, since they don’t feel sympathy? Haha) when I was a child though I had a lot of psychopathic tendencies so much so that I caught my mother looking up the symptoms one time, she also brought it up with doctors.
Totally forgot about this until today when I was talking about hating babies and she mentioned that not everyone was a psychopath. I replied ‘I’m psychotic not a psychopath’ and she retorted ‘you’ve gotten better as you’ve gotten older but you still have psychopathic tendencies’ made me rethink my symptoms, she’s probably right.

3 Likes

There’s a reason they tell people in the DSM not to diagnose yourself or people close to you. I think it has something to do with looking too much into it.

1 Like

It would be similar as if there were shirts with " I’m sweet, thanks to diabetes". but no one would wear those, right?

5 Likes

There are also these shirts…

1072648382_lv7s

4 Likes

I think it’s just a shirt. Find something real to be angry about.

4 Likes

I think this is such a small thing to get worked up about.
Also, I’d wear one if I had one.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

That last one reminds me of your about profile

1 Like

My tagline on this forum used to be…

“I put the ass in Psychiatric Assessment”

It’s just a t-shirt…time for your Growacet pill! :wink:

2 Likes

I think a lot of this is about how we feel with the representation and how others perceive us when they know our illness. All I have to say is be bright like a shooting star and prove them wrong. There’s more to you than what they think of you. So their opinion is jack ■■■■ compared to who you really are. And if they still don’t get it, well their loss for being willfully ignorant. That’s going to effect their future. As long as we still have each other and we know who we are, we’ll be alright. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

i think the shirt in general is lame

1 Like

My wife bought me one that says “I do what the voices in my wife’s head tell me to do”. My wife doesn’t hear voices but she thought it was funny. I wear it sometimes and get compliments on it.

3 Likes

I used to entertain the thought of building a brand of t-shirts with the logo ‘Help Wanted’

Somebody has probably poached that already, though.

1 Like

If my daughter saw it in school, it would trigger her enough that It would make her unable to attend classes. Maybe some people can handle that terminology being thrown around, but at least for my girl, it would be incredibly upsetting. Almost like something that has thrown her world completely upside down is being treated like it is funny and fashionable?

3 Likes

How can you fit more arrogance (cute), condescension (but), and ignorance (psycho) into one three word phrase?

It does not bother me.

I always say I put the ‘hot’ in psychotic !

3 Likes

I concur

2 Likes

Guys I found out what to do!!!

7 Likes