This Quetiapine is really bothering me!

I started taking this medication at 50 mg tablets; because, I couldn’t get it cut in half. It made me so sleepy and gave me a bad headache, I talked to the psychiatrist and she told me to get a pill cutter; which, I did; so, I was able to cut it half and only take 25 mg at night. It seemed to be better; but, I couldn’t hardly get out of bed and I had an appointment with the dermatologist. Then , it gave me diarherria and now a bad headache again! In addition to being tired, and the rest, I am unusually hungry! I had a chicken teriyaki sub at the mall with a big cup of French fries and then I still had to get a donut at the grocery store. I do not want to gain weight. I am getting a little adgjitated. If, they want me on a different medication or whatever; they need to call soon; so, I can get to the drug store. They are calling for a major snow storm here tonight and I won’t be able to go out in the morning to get any new medication. I am even having trouble relaxing to enjoy television. Maybe, I’ll just go back on risperidal. I don’t know. I went out to get ready for the snow; but, I am pretty miserable right now!

Invega for me had the least side effects I haven’t tried seroquel though. Invega is just basically risperidone but with less side effects.

Thank you. I just called the doctor again. They close at 500pm. This is on the East Coast and it 430pm now. I don’t want to be out in the dark and impending snow trying to get to the Drug Store!

1 Like

I just talked someone at the doctor’s office and she will run it by the psychiatrist in the morning and call me back tomorrow. She said that even if it snows; they still have to come to work. I have worked in jobs like that; so, my heart goes out to her. I forgot to mention the headache which doesn’t seem to completely go away. I don’t particularly like this being hungry thing either. I don’t want to gain weight. I also don’t like the feeling; because, I am hungry and not sure what I want to eat. But, I am cooking up scallops in the microwave that I got yesterday and need to eat up. That’s the story of a confused life!

Yeah weight gain is pretty bad with anti psychotics but good luck on your med hunt! Be aware and tell your doctor if you think you are being over medicated or on the wrong pills.