Thinking about stopping my meds

I just want to know what life is like without taking my pills. It’s been far too long. I think I’m stuck in a medication rut.

I wouldn’t do it always ends badly. Also going back on meds is rough as your body has to get used to them again. It’s not worth it.

I would love to get off of my meds, but I know that it’s not possible.
I would end up either in jail, homeless or dead.

2 Likes

Does your pdoc support you?

I’ve learned from experience not to get off my med’s. I inevitably mess up when I do.

I did this this past summer. It didn’t end to well for me. But everyone’s different. I just relearned that I need meds, at least in this stage of my life.

Just remember that the withdrawal will be horrible. It’s one of many reasons I don’t go off my meds. The other is I want to stay as functional as I can for the people around me

With your doc’s approval? From what I’ve read a thousand places and what I’ve seen on these boards a thousand times is that the biggest cause of a relapse is stopping your medication. Its a gamble and there’s a lot at stake.

1 Like

It’s a problematic thing. Sometimes the meds aren’t as effective when you get back on them or you need larger doses. I had that happen with effexor…antidepressant. I used to be stable on 75mgs…I went off it and came back on it…now on 300mg’s to be stable. That sux because side effects are way worse!

It’s a gamble that you most likely will lose!

1 Like

So true. I never tried effexor. I guess because it increases dopamine? I did try Wellbutrin though. I didn’t bode well with me. I’m very sensitive to meds. But you are very right. I learned this from experience. Once you quit, you end up taking higher dosages and sometimes the meds stop Working!

I am doing good on my meds wonder if I got off of them if I would just be normal or are the meds really helping me?

i wonder about the same thing. life without meds. it’s like a dream.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.