The problem with viewing this site as a safe space

is that people will become dependent on it, further isolating from the world (which is not safe a lot of the time).

Plus, saying this is a safe space is a lie. I don’t feel entirely safe around some of these posters. We should call this a safer space.

1 Like

It’s as safe as we can manage to make it without being unreasonably restrictive. It seems to be helping a lot of people the way it’s currently run. I personally feel safer here than most places, but it does still carry a risk.

5 Likes

I disagree. I see this as a safe place to add momentum to our recovery which will help us get out into the real world more effectively. When I am with normies I often feel self-conscious, wonder when then will discover that I am weird, etc. but on here I just type whatever I am thinking. Having this place where I can do that is really valuable to me…

4 Likes

Can we make this site ‘private’?

2 Likes

If we make it private you will have to get a pdoc note to get to come here. Or some proof your ill somehow. I like it the way it is. I say what I want knowing that a bunch of strangers can read it at any time. We should always be careful what we say “out loud” no matter the forum, it’s our responsibility.

2 Likes

im scared arnt you

1 Like

what are you scared of? Yes I’m scared all the time, but I carry on anyway, what can you do? If anyone is paying attention they should be scared to some degree. This world is a scarey place.

1 Like

We’re hoping that this safe place allows people to feel and get stronger (and with the encouragement of others here) gradually get more active socially in the real world.

5 Likes

I use this place as a crutch to compensate my lack of social interactions in the real world.

4 Likes

I think that this forum is part of the world.

I feel safer around schizos (even delirious ones) than around normies. :slight_smile:
But, of course, it is not a safe space per se. It is simply a Discussion Community for People Diagnosed, or who think they may have Psychosis.

3 Likes

@SzAdmin, good evening!! I want to know, can any people log on to this website other than members? One more thing I want to say my Facebook friends increased from 300 to 5000 in just 4 days, I guessed that is because of this site!!!

1 Like

No way, if you don’t have an account here, you can’t log in.

Again, kindly telling you NO way it cannot be possible, maybe it’s an error on facebook or something, but no it’s not because of this site

3 Likes

No, may be some other reason but it happened. Problem of Facebook is wide open, some of my messages are like this…
Screenshot_2017-08-18-20-27-02
Screenshot_2017-08-18-20-25-43

1 Like

@anon68148378 maybe your account was hacked i don’t know…

3 Likes

Aku may be ur facebook is hacked by some other people…logging in face book and logging in this site is different process…

4 Likes

There is no such thing as a hundred per cent safe space. You might be in the safest spot in the world, and you could still have a heart attack.

4 Likes

Whether it is possible that on Facebook some other do posts with my name, but it was not happened so far.

Did u gave facebook password to other people…!!

How it’s possible to have 5000 friends on facebook in just 4 days or so? Did you receive 5000 friendship requests, and then you accepted those 5000 friends? Maybe some facebook groups added you to their groups i have no idea

1 Like

No yaar!!! It’s controled but I am talking about PM on Facebook.