The movie Fight Club

I just watched it with my girlfriend. I like how the main character, Jack, is mental.

I also hate the ■■■■■■■ GRE.

Who likes that movie? I used to be like Tyler Durden, I gave zero ■■■■■. I honestly miss being FUBAR and my therapist can tell, he told me he can tell. Here I am bitching about not making well above the 60th percentile on the ■■■■■■■ GRE. I used to just smoke and drink, cut class and train like a pro. I am not exaggerating. I trained 15 hours a week.

The movie is about some Hollywood concept of psychosis but it’s still an incredible movie.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s a pretty fantastic case of mental illness. What’s cool is that he recovers. Can’t say to much gotta avoid spoilers.

Still one of the best movie/book combos that’s out there.

It can be funny as hell as well as serious and sad. Very unique and well made.

1 Like

I did some messed up things after watching that movie.

That’s not good. Did you blow up five huge buildings and shoot yourself in the mouth?

I thought burning yourself was what men do and I burned myself with a paper clip and I liked it. (edited TMI)

I used to do a lot of that sort of ■■■■, I’ve got scars from cigarette burns on my arm. My right knuckle is all scarred up from rage fits, punching glass and brick walls and ■■■■. I’ve overtrained a lot in the past.

■■■■ it, tomorrow is leg day. Who am I to talk. I workout twice a week for thirty minutes but people think I workout two hours a day. Yeah, I’m healthy. Sure.

Don’t hurt yourself, I have friends who cut themselves and they regret it.

For some reason I feel strong empathy for people who hurt themselves. I don’t waste my empathy on ingrates.

1 Like

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.

5 Likes

his name is robert paulson his name is robert paulson

1 Like

Im stupid drunk, smoking fags and watching stand-up…what is GRE?

Ah I get it in death you do have a name.

Graduate record examination… Just another hoop in the road.

Just about the last standardized test you have to take

1 Like

love you man. post 15 blahbalahabala

1 Like

i can see how someone could really be affected by that movie @phillippsych

the way is see it is everything has a trigger, anything can be a trigger

i had lots of triggers from tv and whatnot, 9/11 was a huge trigger and also the millennium bug,
i also get triggered by other things but now i am on a better med i can now deal with all that ■■■■ a bit better now,

like instead of obsessing over my triggers i might post a facebook comment on it with a comment of my opinions, its jsut a great way to get it out of my head,

i would post on here about it if it was bad enough

1 Like

Happy you like the movie,you said you train 15 hours a day it’s just incredible

The Ikea scene is still my fave. I covet that apartment to this day.

I don’t miss being messed up. The more distance I put between myself and the “fun” as I age, the more I realize how little fun I was actually having. Got to spend the night helping my kid prep for a math exam today. Spending time with your hellspawn? THAT’S fun.

10-96

1 Like

no, fifteen hours a week

1 Like

Robert Patrick McMurphy was so ■■■■■■■ grandfather of Tyler Durden.

I was working in IT at the time. Never had an issue with the Y2K bug (in the computer sense - more on that in a bit). The one that got us was the leap year / non leap year bug. That sucker affected one mission critical piece of software we were running for a distance education program. The ONLY way to work around it was to rebuild the server and the software EVERY single damn day from an image we made. Took time. Sometimes we had to rebuild it between classes. We couldn’t upgrade to the new software that wasn’t affected mid-term because it would have thrown the profs and students for a loop.

I was nearly run over back in 1999 because I didn’t look both ways properly before crossing a street. My then fiance yanked me out of the path of a bright yellow Volkswagen Beetle. As it sped off into the distance we noted the back plate “Y2KBUG”. My fiance commented there would have been some irony in an IT worker getting killed by the Y2K bug.

10-96

2 Likes