That's it, I'm going to try and go off of my shots

I’ve been on Risperdal Consta 37.5 mg shots now for the last nine years and they do me well symptom wise but they play havoc on my creativity. I can’t play keyboard worth a darn while on these shots. Ever since I started on these shots, it’s all been an uphill battle. Before, it was such a breeze to play. It’s not right. It shouldn’t be this hard. I’m going to talk to my new pdoc about putting me on the pills. Maybe he will be more agreeable to it than my last pdoc was.

3 Likes

Switch to rispridal pills…i am on to it…

1 Like

How many milligrams are you on @far_cry0?

1 Like

I am on 4mg …it make me feel asleep… but it gives me short span of sleep…but everybody is different…take care sis…???

1 Like

Thanks. You take care too.

1 Like

It’s a gamble…And a lot is at stake.

3 Likes

Alot to do with mi is mindset and placebo. I just ran out of meds til next month because I missed an appointment. I can spend my time worrying thst I’ll flip my lid or I can not think about it and try to dodge some triggers.

1 Like

I’d like to switch from Abilify Maintena shots to Abilify tablets, but I’m not sure how my doctor would feel about it. I also don’t know if my insurance would want a prior authorization and put up a fuss about me being prescribed an expensive med, even the generic is super expensive. It just seems like I was doing better in terms of those symptoms when I was on the 15 mg tablets.

Like @77nick77 said, though, it is a gamble.

1 Like

If the paranoia comes back, or I go manic, I can always go back on the shots, no big deal.

Did you stop taking your medication at one time and relapse? That is normally why they give you an injection in the first place. The bad news is I don’t expect any pdoc to agree to put you on pills again. That is If you messed up on your medication in the first place. Why do you want on the pills in the first place? How is that going to make a difference? Btw those risperdal pills made me throw up.

It’s worth a shot…

I’m a gambler and it has taken me many years and combinations to get it all right.

It’s still not perfect but I’ve settled on what works for me!

Have a chat to your shrink and see what they say. It’s never easy doing it without the doctors!

No, the original reason I was put on the shots is because the pills made me intractably constipated. I stayed on the shots because the shots worked so much better than the pills, we found out. I was on 8 mg of oral Risperdal. That’s an awful high dose. Now, the doc wants to put me on 2 mg. Maybe I can tolerate that better.

Fasten your seat belts.
I’ve been off meds for over 15 years.
Never was on shots though.

That’s funny. Fasten your seat belts.