That time of year.. Relapses

So it’s been 10 and a half months since my first break and I just started wondering if I was due for another one soon…
For those that have relapsed, did you feel it coming on? Did it just come out of nowhere? Was it like the first time you had a break? How long after your first?

I recently relapsed.
It was partially my fault.
Lesson learned.

Oy. Sorry to hear that. What did you do? If you can or feel like saying

I recently went to the Hospital because the new meds weren’t working and I came off all meds because I thought I didn’t need them any longer and when I went back on meds I remained on sub therapeutic levels.
I lost my freakin mind!

2 Likes

I haven’t had a psychotic episode in years, but for me it’s all about my environment. Maybe a small argument with my girlfriend, or something financial, but I can tell that stress is building inside me (I call it “stuffing”). If I don’t effectively cope with the stress I’ll find myself back in the hospital.

2 Likes

Maybe keep a journal so you can track how you’re going. If you’re anticipating something going wrong, it’s best to be prepared. Bring up your concerns with your pdoc and the people who are closest to you so they can put your mind at ease and watch for symptoms. Be diligent about taking your meds and keeping appointments.

Also, try not to anticipate something bad happening so much. It could be a self fulfilling prophecy. Keep positive. And recovery focussed.

2 Likes

Damn that’s not good. Hope you are feeling better, are you?

1 Like

Yes I’m back on track.
Thanks @I4CU :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good tip. Learn how to effectively cope with stress. Haven’t been in any stressful situations since then that I can even recall, thank goodness.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I keep a journal already! Nothing’s going on that’s making me concerned I’m going to have one, just that’s it’s almost been a year lol. I have actually been doing a lot better that’s why I am hoping not to have one and asking if you notice one is coming or if it’s random. But like you said, don’t anticipate something bad happening!!! Thank you

2 Likes

I’m coming up on 2 years since my first psychosis. I tend to have a couple of small periods of psychosis every month however I wouldn’t call them full psychotic breaks. Everyone is different, without meds I am consistently psychotic.

1 Like