Thankful for Challenge

I was challenged by a cousin of mine to list three things that I am thankful for each day for the next 7 days. Today I am thankful for:

1. I am thankful. for my family, my grandparents, my parents, my brother, my niece, my aunt’s, my uncles, and my cousin’s.
  2. I am thankful for my best friend Dana Grigsby who over the years has become the sister I never had, and thankful her family has become as close to me as my own.
  3. I am thankful I have a roof over my head, and food on my table, it is a luxury I tend to take for granted.

I wanted to post this challenge here to see if anyone else on the site would like to take 7 days to list 3 things they’re thankful for each day.

8 Likes

I don’t know about the next 7days, but today I am thankful:
I have internet again went almost a month without.
The air conditioner in the house works now(woowoo!!) only been 2years without heat or air, hottest was 98.9 degrees in the summer and 42 degrees in the winter, I’m talking about inside the house,not outside temperature.
and well, thankful I can still pay for groceries, have a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in and a compatible husband to live with.

3 Likes

I’m thankful for my family and friends
I’m thankful for my sense of humor
I’m thankful for my peace of mind.

2 Likes

Day 2 (of 7)

I am thankful for:

1. my cat, she brings me a great deal of relaxation when I’m having an anxiety attack by letting me stroke her fur, and curling up next to me until I calm down.
  2. I am thankful to live in a country where we have personal freedom to do whatever is we wish to do.
  3. I am thankful that there is some form of treatment for my disorder of Schizophrenia, while I may still have issues I’m able to live at home not stuck in a hospital somewhere completely out of it.

me too!

1. I’m thankful that I can still see faraway very clearly (upclose, not so good anymore)but hey, I still enjoy the colors outside, and sometimes my colored pencils (lately they just sit there waiting for me to do the work).

2. I’m thankful that I can still walk if I need to go somewhere. (I wont go into the 2 cars,2 motorcycles, and one bicycle I officially own, but for one reason or another, none are working, nor in my possession. Thank goodness I have permission to use my late fathers car to get around, but maybe walking would be good exercise?

3. I got an origami elephant made from a dollar bill last night, and I think it is just the best present! I’m thankful I still have my vivid imagination, made the elephant have a great time tromping through the forrest chasing birds and bugs and finding a nice little watering hole to take a nap in. life is good!

Thankful for:

My creativity, especially my thinking

I have a comfortable place to live enough to eat + can walk where I need to go. For my father who was a scrooge all of his life provided for this for me.

My mother who I got to know better in her later years when she revealed a tough of being psychic. She’s in my mind - if there’s a place you are after you die and I feel she offers me a lot of support there, I chould tap into more often.

1 Like

Thankful for food, shelter, my relative good health, my husband
Thankful for my new laptop to replace the one that got stolen last week
Thankful for the fact that my parents are still alive

1.I am thankful that i am a positive thinker :smiley:
2.I am thankful that the weather is good today
3,I am thankful that i been having more energy now because of my good habit Eg:exercise,gratitude journaling

Day 3 (of 7)

1. I am thankful for my faith in God & Christ. The action of prayer helps sooth me when I’m feeling overly anxious, and relaxes my mind that there are always better things to come.

2. I am thankful for my creativity. I may not be an artist by I’m great at coming up with stories, and am using my creative skill to work on my first novel.

3. I am thankful for Social Security benefits, while I may not make as much as I could be if I were working full time, I have some money coming each month to help lesson the stress of bills and whatnot.

Thankful that the sun has gone down today

That I can see and hear

That I have a project going over on the table

1 Like

i am thankful for…
1…my friends, the big fluffy white bunny and the demons who sit next to me on the sofa.
2…mrs sith’s cooking…it is amazing…mmmmmmm…
3…jez our staffy dog .

" thank you for your input dark sith "
" that’s okay " says dark sith mending his lightsaber…" any time ".
take care

1 Like

I’m thankful that despite what’s constantly going through my mind, I am able to live a relatively normal life.

I’m thankful for having a supportive family ever since I got ill.

I’m thankful that some of my symptoms are going away as I get older.

1 Like

Day 4 (of 7)

1. I am thankful for the internet, it gives me endless hours of entertainment, makes shopping easier, and lets me stay in touch with more people than I ever could without it.

2. I am thankful for times when my head is quiet of voices or uncontrolled visions…(as part of my illness) it gives me a break from those times when the noise is too overwhelming.

3. I am thankful I live in the city. While I love my trips to the country it is nice living in a place where I can go and do or get anything I want locally and not have to ride very far to get it.

This small wind which is better than none.

That I tasted the fruit pies my mother used to make.

The companionship of my brother.

Day 5 (of 7)

1. I am thankful for medication, not only for my mental problems, but things like aspirin for when I’m physically not feeling well like today.

2. I am thankful for a bed to sleep on, while I’m need of a new mattress it’s nice to have something flat to lay on when I need to stretch out because of cramps and other ailments.

3. I am thankful I don’t have the stress of work to add to my worries. While ideally I would love a full time job that paid nicely, days like today when I feel sick, and yesterday when I had no energy to do anything, the day before when I had a small battle with psychosis, it’s nice to be able to stay at home and relax and push through it without adding work into the equation.

That being said i’m going relax in bed for a while and hope my stomach settles down some.

I’m thankful: for especially my psych drugs, too

For the dental work I’m getting done.

That I can breathe - continuously.

2 more. Yes I feel like I’m getting toward the top of a hill I’m climbing.

Day 6 (of 7)

1. I am thankful for music sites such as Spotify, RDio, and Rhapsody that allow me to listen to random alubms before I decide if I want to buy them or not. They let me explore new artists at ease without having to buy a full album only to find out I may only like one or two songs on it.

2. I am thankful for the ability to record shows I want to watch with At&t so I can watch them at my own leisure, times when I have too much noise in my head makes TV viewing a bit challenging for me, this way I can record a show and watch it when my mind is less active.

3. I am thankful for authors who take time to write out books on various topics for other writers to help make their writing journey easier…also thankful for prompt writing books that give me endly supplies of ideas for stories.

1. God
  2. My Family
  3. My Meds

thankful:

for fans in the summertime
everyone who makes things work - roads, electricity, manufacturers, farmers
rural nights I’ve spent + the vast and starry sky