Testosterone a Danger for Stability?

I am a 47 year old man who has been on Zeldox since it first came on the market in Germany in 2002 and my illness has been contained in all this time very well. I am married since 14 years, have a child and am able to work fulltime. My wife and I want another baby but for almost two years my wife is not getting pregant. We dont know exactly why this is but overall as of late we do not have so much sex as we used to. Partly the reason is that my work is very demanding physically and mentally. My doctor has suggested to me upon an analysis of my blood that my testosteron level is low and that this might explain why I have low energy levels and libido. He wants to prescribe me a testosterone treatment. I have read elsewhere that testosteron production in men is declining when men get older and this explains why older men want less sex, are getting belly fat and have less energy etc- It sounds streightforward to take testosterone as supplements in order to live a better quality of life. My urologist can prescribe it to me and give me the right amount ect. but I am worried about how it might effect me mentally and in terms of my paranoid sz which has been so well contained all these years. Is there any chance that it might make me instable if I take the testosterone as supplment? Has anyone ever had any experience with this? My urologist knows about me having had phsychotic episodes in the past but I am looking for any personal accounts or experiences by fellow sz peers or any p doctors who come here to these boards.

put a little hair on your chest…? not for me.

I can’t answer your question about testosterone and stability. Since you’re in a relationship and your libido is low you might want it. I’m not in any relationship, so I do okay with low testosterone. I think the med’s drain me of testosterone.

Feels like I have no testosterone on these antipsychotics sometimes.