Tardive dyskinesia from medication

Good day, im 21.I was on 3 months of holodol injections(100 mg per month) and on 3 months of clopixol injections(200 mg per 2 weeks) and now i have tardive dyskenisia. my tongue and jaw are constantly moving against each other. Life is torture and i onlly want tot kill myself now. my psychiatrist doesnt listen to me. im under watch by the local hospital but im not going to go get my next injection. I also have constant tremor leg shaking.

Do you have tardive dyskenisia? problems sleeping? tell me about it. DId it go away? did you get off your medication? how long does tardive diskenisia last?

@GreatPorcupine I would work with a psychiatrist immediately about what to do to stop the TD. You can beat it, but you need to act quickly. please don’t hurt yourself. we can help you, please don’t give up hope.

3 Likes

I have had some side effects like muscle twitching and face ticks amongst other. With the help of a psychiatrist it is better to get on a lower dosage of your ap. I use to be on Clopixol depot for over two years. I also started on 200 mg but worked it down to 100mg and it was still effective for me. I know how these side effects can scare us. Mine normally last for a few days then it stop. My psychiatrist once prescribed me Disipal for these side effects

2 Likes

TD can hit you with any AP but it’s more common with the older ones, I think. You said your pdoc doesn’t listen to you- is there another pdoc you can see somewhere else? Please don’t hurt yourself or give up hope. Things can get better if you keep fighting. Best wishes.

2 Likes

Had it once. Went to emerg so that I had an immediate record of it and immediate advice to get off it. It was awful. But I didn’t realize what was happening until a week or two later at first I thought it might be for other reasons and my husband looked up and mad that I had been for 3 weeks which was Seroquel and it mentioned involuntary movements of the face and mouth. So then I went to emerge. Emerge gave me proof and permission that this was happening so I had more peace about not being seen as non-compliant with a medication

1 Like