Taking Rexulti

Hi Im new to this I actually just signed up bc I was looking for some info on the new drug called Rexulti but have found really nothing. My pdoc just prescribed it to me bc Ive had the hardest time shaking this last bout of depression and Im on Welbutrin 450mg Lexapro 20mg Trileptal 1600mg and Seroquil 100mg and she felt increasing anything wouldnt really help bc the antidepressants are at the max…so long story short Rexulti and Ive been on it 9 days now and I feel really good it wasnt until about the 3rd day I felt the clouds break I havent missed any work since…I will say that the last 2 days starting the 1mg dose Ive felt a lil sluggish so maybe .5 is all I need…I dont have any increased appetite or weight gain like when on Abilify…I actually signed up for the gym and I want to start working out…yeah weird I know…I do have the aching feeling that this is going to all go away and Im going to eventually crash and the doom will come back but so far I can tell you I’m feeling pretty good no major side affects and it seems to be a pretty decent drug :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fingers crossed …hope the good lasts -

Its good to know that you are doing fine on Rexulti so far.

It might be too soon, but good luck with it - so far so good :smile:

Me too! Thanks…last night I cut the 1 mg in half bc Im thinking .5 is all I need for now :slight_smile:

Thats what Im worried about bc Ive never had a drug work in just 3 days but I do feel significantly better so yeah so far so good! I’d like to see in a couple months or longer tho to really have a good idea about it

1 Like

If it was me I’d go slower + take the 3 mg for a longer time to get a good idea of what it’s like with you.

Well its been awhile but I am currently up to the 2 mg dose at first the .5 was all I needed then I crashed down so I went to 1 mg was fine then dipped down to depression mode again so now Im currently on 2 mg it seems as tho the more my system gets use to it I level off and then I go down so right now I’m ok but a lil worried about dipping again and not sure if it goes higher than 2 mg

2 Likes

From google:

1 Like

Oh ok so it does get higher thank you

I might be switching to Rexulti from taking Risperdal, I have to talk to my pdoc next week.

How are your Anxiety levels? @msjessicalee

1 Like

My anxiety is maybe at a 45% is why I asked my pdoc for something for anxiety and she prescribed vistaril

2 Likes

Hi @msjessicalee - Does Rexulti cause a lot of Anxiety?

I suffer with an Anxiety disorder and am worried that Rexulti will worsen my Anxiety significantly.

Abilify kept me anxious all of the time.

Anxiety on abilify is the main reason I would try rexulti. If you need something for anxiety, then that dashes my hopes a bit.

1 Like

Yeah, me too, if it’s anything like Abilify, I won’t be trying it.

1 Like

I’m taking generic abilify but i don’t feel any anxiety. All i feel is my cursed negative symptoms. I think this pill is just the same as abilify