Taiwan 'breakthrough therapy' drugs to enter clinical trials

It’s hard to get some concrete details on this. They need to keep us updated more on trials and stuff.

But maybe this could be good news.

How are you guys sure it’s NaBen or Sodium Benzoate? I’ve tried and am willing to try it again, however, how do I know for sure it’s pure Sodium Benzoate and not Sodium Benzoate coupled with another molucule to make it work?

What makes this drug so special. …

exactly! I tried Sodium Benzoate for a couple of days and didn’t notice anything. I am willing to try it for a longer period of time but I have to be sure NaBen is pure Sodium Benzoate.

I found this:

Phase IIB/III, Multi-center, Prospective, Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Sequential Parallel Comparison Design Study of the Safety and Efficacy of NaBen (DAAO Inhibitor) as Add-on Treatment for Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia in Adults

The proposed Phase IIb/III study is designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of NaBen® (sodium benzoate) in improving the negative symptoms of schizophrenia in adults. The trial is designed as a multi-center, prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, Sequential Parallel Comparison Design (SPCD) study, in which adult subjects with schizophrenia will be enrolled. The study will include two parts: a 19-week, double-blind portion and a 26-week open-label extension portion.

NaBen® (Sodium Benzoate) is a white oral tablet (sodium benzoate, 500 mg), which will be taken twice daily at a total dose of 1000 mg/day during this study.

1 Like

■■■■ yea it’s here. The game changer

My guess is that NaBen is another drug that may work for some and for another it doesn’t do anything. I’m gonna give it another try again because the current regimen I’m on is totally different than what I was on when I tried Sodium Benzoate.

2 Likes

I take sodium benzoate and I think it really makes a difference.

where do you order yours from

i got some the other week but was scared to take it becaue it said not for human consumption

I just ordered some sodium benzoate. Wish me luck. Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Keep us posted…

I’ll keep you all posted soon as I try some. I wonder if it works for anything. Time will tell

I have question- if you used NaBen sarcosine and n-methyl and any other negative/cognitive thing at the same time would they work together to reduce symptoms on a greater scale?

Hi sheriff. Yeh maybe they have a better effect when all taken together.

1 Like

There’s a study on sarcosine and sodium benzoate together.

3 Likes

So are they trying to say sodium benzoate is an antipsychotic??

1 Like

I’m also in for a Sodium Benzoate trial, ordered it and within 2 days it’s delivered. This time I’ll try it for weeks (if adverse effects does not occur). Though I’m a bit reluctant after more than 5 years use of Sarcosine. Sarcosine was a miracle supplement for me but nowadays it has no effects on me anymore, and I don’t feel I need it anymore anyways. There was a study that Sarcosine, used over a very long period of time, can reverse some of the damage to the brain. That’s either the case or I just don’t need Sarcosine anymore because of Latuda is doing something good to the NMDA receptors (eversince I started using Latuda I don’t need Sarcosine anymore but have no idea if it’s related to Latuda or that years of Sarcosine usage my brain got “fixed”)

They’re saying it improves positive, negative and cognitive symptoms as an add-on to stable schizophrenic patients already on antipsychotics.

1 Like

Ok thanks @YoungScizo