Sz.Com Inc

I would like to participate. I actually think this is an awesome idea. A business model for people with schizophrenia specifically and caregivers to support and participate in. There are ways to get funding: kickstarter!! People make a lot of success and gains on kickstarter funds. We can all outline it and submit a joint campaign. A lot of people on here are tech and net savvy. I know how to add donate buttons and paypal stuff. But we want a business account so that each owner can withdraw from it. I can definitely help with finances and making sure everyone gets equal shares and value for their contributions.

Schizophrenia inc:

online publications: set up a submission form, could be used as a comment box. The moderator can approve submissions and add them online so make a sort of online zine! You can also ask or request online submissions and eventually create a POD magazine and sell it through a link that would help make it special. Themes: poetry, art, graphic design

T-shirts etc.- you can like Pixel said set up an account through Cafepress, redbubble, or the like to make stigma erasing t-shirts and cups etc.

Forum or e-zines: set up a recurring subscription link so if someone wants say the monthly online magazine they can sign up, and then add like a PDF copy for them.

News Feed- have a blogfeed so people can sign up for weekly news and other stuff

I can definitely help setting it up and stuff. I have an active paypal account, so it wouldn’t be hard to add a business account that we can all use and even maybe get loans for if its successful but thats like long-term thinking.

I hope we get this idea off the ground!! This would be great to help carve a niche for people with this to get support and financial help. There can also be an added link to provide ideas for business and links to apply for financial assistance, grants, :smile:

1 Like

The title would be “catatonic state.”

good stuff @starry

1 Like

Etch Me Sum POEM$ N e(Y)e’ll Sing Thaz Shizz …

2 Likes

Are you donating today?

With several minds working together I think you can actually make something and some money.

2 Likes

No, not today. 1515

Can someone sum up what you guys plan on doing?

1 Like

It’s up in the air for now…

Looks like we’re going to set up a clothing shop through cafepress… for starters anyways

1 Like

Well I’m going to get some sleep… I’ll consolidate all this later,

1 Like

Driving a rig sounds fun. Even for a girl…

I am going to start a kickstarter and indie gogo fund for this project. Anyone who wants to volunteer and join in we can make this collective effort into something sustainable thanks!

1 Like

Nothing to do with Sz or MI…I thought just a cool t-shirt in general would be…

“What’s On Your Computer?”

The Story

This project is to fund a community organization business to help people diagnosed with schizophrenia to make money and sell their artwork, offer new peer-to-peer interactivity and broaden the horizons of mental health recovery.

A business model for people with schizophrenia specifically and caregivers to support and participate in.

Schizophrenia inc:

online publications: set up a submission form, could be used as a comment box. The moderator can approve submissions and add them online so make a sort of online zine! You can also ask or request online submissions and eventually create a POD magazine and sell it through a link that would help make it special. Themes: poetry, art, graphic design

T-shirts etc.- you can set up an account through Cafepress, redbubble, or the like to make t-shirts and cups etc.

Forum or e-zines: set up a recurring subscription link so if someone wants say the monthly online magazine they can sign up, and then add like a PDF copy for them.

News Feed- have a blogfeed so people can sign up for weekly news and other stuff

I hope we get this idea off the ground!! This would be great to help carve a niche for people with this to get support and financial help. There can also be an added link to provide ideas for business and links to apply for financial assistance, grants.

Exercise Ideas

Schizophrenia and Recovery in the same line!

http://www.abctales.com/story/gabzgrl/madness-creativity

To me, schizo-affective is still a form of schizophrenia. Even though my doctors think I am not quite suffering from “schizophrenia” it all pretty much depends on the treatment and care you receive. I do hope that more humanistic and therapy oriented models come out in the near future for people with schizophrenia and bipolar.

My therapist has said I would be good as a counselor, because I understand the illness and could help people recover. Of course, therapy alone cannot treat schizophrenia. I now realize this because of how trying to help my mother has failed many times. In the state of West Virginia, it is nearly impossible to get someone into treatment for a mental illness especially if they have no insight. In some ways, I’m glad my parents had the resources to get me into treatment when I was a teenager, because if I had been an adult it wouldn’t have been possible. I would be disabled.

The real issue in West Virginia is a broken or outdated mental health system. If a person is completely violent, then they can be forced treatment. If a person is simply delusional and paranoid, the law system fails to see the health risk is onoing and are sometimes simply too lazy to hospitalize someone. This is why my mother cannot be helped for her illness, and until she moves out of West Virginia, or the law changes, she’s not getting better but worse.

So, while law protections should be in place for abusive situations. My mother is clearly suffering from her illness, this is not the mother who raised her two kids. This is not the beautiful wife my dad married due to the illness taking over her life and making her suffer constantly fears of persecution, hallucinations, and delusions.
I hope this article helps others become more aware that this illness is a heart-breaking and terrible thing that afflicts many lives, regardless of occupation or lifestyle. While it seemingly strikes at random, there are some possible genes that are being studied for markers in the disorder.

One last thing to note: I had a very happy childhood, I do not think stress was the reason I became mentally ill. My parents spoiled me in some ways, took me to art museums, libraries, and gave me unconditional love. They are not the reason I became ill, and I would never blame them. My parents have given me the best support they could possibly give. Thankfully, my brother hasn’t shown signs of a mental illness and I am hoping that eventually he starts seeing a therapist to cope with things. He is only nineteen, and I wish he never goes through what I went through to get better and live a good life.

There will be rewards for each donation level!

http://www.neuro-diversity.blogspot.com/2013/11/painting-madness.html

Many people with schizophrenia have high intelligence, help the reach their educational and work related goals!

http://www.undergroundvoices.com/UVBryantGabrielle.htm

Loved ones and family members

access to blogs and resource links

books and articles

Once this fund reaches success I will start the business and begin employing others to assist in creating a website, magazine, independent ebook publishing platform and hope this grows into something bigger and more life saving.

The domain website with forum and other aspects can be designed at home and with the help of friends and professional computer engineers.

The Business I create I will invest into being completely legit and fair and give back to everyone.

Donate $20 or more and once you have successfully donated send me an email of confirmation to gabzgrl@gmail.com and I will send you a copy of either my poetry book, ebook memoir, or fiction.

Creator’s Blog: www.neuro-diversity.blogspot.com

1 Like

I think we first need an Sz logo…

Everyone is welcome to try to come up with something. I nominate @waterway to do the graphic design of the chosen winning idea.

1 Like

You kind of jumped the gun on this… but good effort.

I do think things could have been a little more thought through… not saying you did a bad job with this @starrynight but there should be more people involved with decisions like this.

That said I thank you. I guess, but even with funding I don’t know where we’d start… it’s seems like a dangerous, potentially reputation ruining prospect that we’d end up with money lying around and nothing coming of it.

Would kind of ruin it for people who might have similar ambitions in the past and give the SZ folk out there an even worse image.

I vote we all give the PizzaMoney (maybe not a scam) a try first to raise capital. Then if it actually works out, we open a counter surveillance network, where each of us owns and operates our own private c.s. branch office from our respective locations. We use our Sz.Com Inc registered usernames as our code names, and finally investigate if any of our delusions are true (maybe even bring some bad guys to justice). Then we make a blockbuster movie about the whole experience :sunny:

2 Likes

Sorry, my fourth night of insomnia, it’s 5 am here. Time for bed. gn

1 Like

Yeah I can’t figure out how to delete it ugh

it’s fine… we have time before it will amount to anything. I don’t know how those sites work really. If it’s already linked to some kind of account like a paypal?

But yeah… we hadn’t really determined a need for any cash yet… so it’s just slightly out of order.

We’ll get to thinking away at this throughout the week.

1 Like