Synchronicity?

I’m curious if other people get Synchronicity events in their lives as a Schizophrenic. I had a strong one once when I was sitting at my computer and my friend was sitting behind me at the kitchen table. I was thinking something and he said everything that I was thinking word for word. I didnt let it bother me and I just labeled it as an experience and moved on. I made a decision when I experience such things that I just label them just as an experience and leave it alone because I found in past experiences when I try to explain or understand some of my experiences that I end up creating more delusional thinking and I spiral into a psychotic viewpoint. I find it best to just label it as experience and let it go.
Anyone else get synchronicity? and how do you handle it?

4 Likes

Wow surprised no one answered this yet.
I used to get it all the time. It was very distressing.

Idk if i still do cuz i could say i don’t and find it happens later or vis versa

1 Like

I used to have this alot too and it was very upsetting along with alot of de Ja vu

Yeah i get this at times. The best way to react to any weird thing that happens is not to let it strike that deep nerve.

We gotta stop reacting to things in the worst way possible, that is what we are doing. If we don’t know how to react then simply don’t react or react in a way that doesn’t harm yourself or someone else

1 Like

Yeah. It happens…a lot of it is tied to ideas/frames of reference for me. It all relates back to my experience…it’s awefully special but I have to admit that in all those periods of sychronicity not once have I hit the winning lotto numbers!

That sucks. !

2 Likes

I’m writing a book on SZ and I’m doing a chapter on Synchronicity. All I can come up for advice is that the experience of Synchronicity really does not benefit you in any way and it’s best to let it past by without trying to figure out what its about. If you do try you could just end up with some delusional explanation which can cause suffering. So I say it’s best to just label it as an experience and let it pass on by.

1 Like

The human brain looks for patterns. It’s why gambling works.

It’s like drugs. You take some pharma and your tripping balls…and your experiencing things that are amazing but they are just chemical process’s in your brain.

Snychronicity for a schizophrenic is no different. You look for meaning which is why delusions are so believable…you look for order and you try to make sense out of it…

Your right…it don’t mean shite…it’s just chemical interactions and yes…you pass it by!

1 Like

Rogueone, thank you for agreeing with me it really means a lot for me to know that others agree with my conclusions. I worry about some of the context in my book and people not understanding or agreeing with what I write.

happens to me all the time. i think its like a subtle plane of energy that i (and others) can tap into it i think it might be part of schizophrenia…we have more understanding

I believe that we do perceive more things than most people but understanding it? That is a big problem… To think we truely understand what these experiences are will only lead us down a path of insanity. I have spoken to many Schizophrenics and many of them think they really understand whats goin on around them when in actuality they really have no clue its only speculation. I mean if we schizophrenics are on a more advanced level than others why arent we running the country? something to think about.

1 Like

anybody else have this experience

Ahem.

Donald Trump.

Thank you.

This episode was brought to you by the letter k

And from contributions from viewers like you.

Often, yes. In my mind the semi-frequent occurrence of minor synchronicities is an indication that you are currently properly synced with reality.

Life is about probabilities, from the genetics you have to the experiences you have, sometimes you just get lucky. I don’t think there’s any deeper meaning to be found from being lucky.

Donald Trump is an idiot not Schizophrenic

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.