SXC-2023 by Promentis Pharma

Punishing the ol liver while I’m dying anyway

1 Like

!!! nice, well im off man time to walk my 2 doggies take it easy and stay well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @opus. Sounds like a nice thing to do.
You stay well also. Nice talking with you

1 Like

Found some info about this drug, apparently it’s related to NAC.

"] Schizophrenia may be associated with abnormal glutamate signaling and diminished glutathione levels. Impaired cystine-glutamate antiporter activity can lead to increased oxidative stress and depleted glutathione, as well as abnormal glutamate neurotransmission, synaptic connection, and gene expression, all of which are observed in schizophrenia. In addition, impaired cystine-glutamate antiporter activity and faulty glutamate neurotransmission bear on the issue of uncontrolled drug use, i.e., drug addiction.

[009] Cysteine prodrugs, such as NAC, drive cystine-glutamate exchange by apparently elevating extracellular cystine levels, thereby creating a steep cystine concentration gradient.

[010] However, alternatives to NAC are needed. NAC undergoes extensive first pass metabolism requiring the usage of high doses that limit the utility of the drug and, potentially, increase the chances of side effects due to the buildup of metabolized by-products. The compounds of the present invention are designed to substantially avoid the problem of first pass metabolism and therefore exhibit increased efficacy as compared to NAC and other prior cysteine prodrugs. In addition, NAC demonstrates poor CNS penetration due to an inability to cross the blood brain barrier."

http://www.google.com/patents/WO2015070034A1?cl=en

@jeroenp

1 Like

thanks but that statement is not true NAC sustain Jarrow crosses the blood brain barrier

1 Like

I don’t know about that one way or another, but it seems something like this could bypass the metabolization problem.

1 Like