Switching to risperdol

What’s your dosages of both meds?

2 mg risperdal, 500 mg depakote

Yeah, the Depakote needs raising almost certainly. I take 1000 mg just for seizures, but in the psychiatric community, there is no blood level that’s aimed at. Whatever works, basically.

That’s a decent starting dose of Risperdal. Give it some time. Lots of this stuff needs time to get into the brain and do its magic.

Good to know, thanks for your help

I was on as much as 18 mg of Risperdal and it caused high prolactin leaking breasts and hormonal imbalance. I switched to invega a spin off if Risperdal. I take 9mg cuz I said so but my doc wants at least 12. I take med in the morning. My delusions are high. I’d rather not have the fog though.

Risperdal made me hungry. Usually I just eat because I have an oral fixation I think. But risperdal made me actually physically feel hungry, it felt good in my head, but I am not going to gain weight from meds so I quit.

i hope that doesnt happen the whole breast thing.

yeah im a little worried about gaining weight

Maybe you won’t get that side effect. It felt good otherwise.

Nah just exercise everyday and helps if you smoke a bit.

i cant leave my house because of my paranoia but i do smoke cigs

im trying to start walking

Just dance if you can make it fun I have mini trampoline too and treadmill a Manuel one for a hundred bucks

ill figure something out, thanks for the advice

I take risperdal. It works but it makes me gain weight, I’ve already gained 25lbs. The depakote made me itchy and stuff and super hungry I gained 75 lbs on depakote

yeah the depakote makes me wanna eat 24/7

I am on Risperdal - it’s a good (effective) med.
Just have your blood sugar and prolactin levels tested regularly.

Also watch your calories and try to exercise daily

1 Like

I am on Risperdal it works good its helped me alot I dont have any side effects.

I was on Risperdal in the past - it worked pretty well for me and the side effects didn’t bother me. I went into remission when I took it in the past.

thats really good to know thanks