Supplements for negs (negative symptoms)

Has anybody taken a supplement that helped with the negs 4 the long run? I am trying the Profrontal and it worked great for about 3 week, which made me think I should switch between two medicines; because the sarcosine consistently works for 1-3 weeks. Also, if the supplement worked, how long did it take 4 effect? Plz help!

Also I read that the negs tend 2 b in younger people, or is it the opposite? Is there any hope of these symptoms disapearing. Thanks!
Admin thanks 4 recommending the profrontal btw. It might just take longer 4 it 2 work again.

Not much hope in them disappearing on themselves, I’ve also read though that they get less severe as you age.

I’ve been taking Sarcosine for 2,5 years, it’s working but not as much as I would like. I had similar reaction to yours, only for me it worked great for 3 days then decreased in efficiency by a lot, never to return. It would be great if somebody could explain why this happens to so many people who try Sarcosine.

The best reaction against my negs besides Sarcosine was with Pregnenolone, unfortunately I can’t bear it’s side-effects. I’ve also tried fish oil, Lysine, NAC, L-methylfolate, more recently Curcumin and Panax Ginseng. The last two I’ve been taking for 1 day, the Ginseng seems to help while Curcumin does nothing, at least so far. Can’t take fish oil nor NAC, they both helped me while I was on them but had to quit because of side-effects. On the old forum somebody said Lysine made their Sarcosine work better, at first it didn’t seem to be the case for me but I kept taking it and it does seem to help in that regard, although nowhere near to what Sarcosine first did to me. I haven’t tried L-theanine but will probably try it soon, black tea doesn’t have a big effect on me but I don’t think I’m getting high enough of a dose.

caffeine helps a bit, I drink tons of coffee all day long

1 Like

Vitamin B, Omega 3 oils…
and as for symptoms being mainly in younger people, not necessarily. I know of many people in their 40s and 50s (myself included), and even older that have more symptoms or same as they age. It all depends really.

I couldn’t fight my negative symptoms with supplements. I needed a hard core med change. The fish oil thing makes me smile because I like fish and eat a lot of it. So maybe I’ve been accidently doing the right thing.

vitamins C, D, B, kalsium, magnesium, omega-3, honey, caffeine, nicotine

Is medicine causing my problem? I may need to consider a lower dosage. Although I do not think this is the case, but I’ve heard some people notice benefits by lowering medicine. I’m on the 234 invega shot.
I just read that you are only supposed to take the 234 shot the first time and the third time lower to 117.

I’ve had great luck with ginkgo. It’s actually being studied at the moment for negative symptoms.

I’ve also added B-12 every morning and vitamin D at night.

I’ve noticed a huge improvement. I went from being a couch potato to walking 5 miles per day!

Hope this helps.

Blessings,

Anthony

3 Likes

that’s right…Almost forgot about that one, and somewhere in my tea supply I should have a bag of raw leaf Ginkgo I should try and find it.

On the subject of teas, I also found for calming down there’s a relaxing tea mixture thats got Chamomile, Skullcap, Catnip, and 1 or 2 other things in it.

2 Likes