Substance induced psychosis and other trauma related symptoms

Hi guys.

I’m between sad and happy about this, but thought I would share.

I changed therapists because of my previous therapist crossing certain uncrossable boundaries, and landed with a new spectacular therapist. She’s working with my pdoc and they’re pretty convinced that my alleged mental illness was substance induced. I still have depression and anxiety on and off for almost a year but no other symptoms. The docs currently think that Bipolar is not sufficient to explain my situation, and given the amount and years I consumed drugs they were pretty shocked substance induced psychosis wasn’t even on the table.

It will take a while, because it still might be a mental illness, we will only know after trying and treating.

I’m sad and angry, because… well, so much screw up between an array of docs that I’m tired as hell of this going around, and being told on and on that I have multiple mental illnesses, some of them lifelong and untreatable, when I could’ve been given hope. Also, screw ups with meds.

I’m happy, because well, it may not be life long after all. :slight_smile:

If it all goes well, I’ll be treating the trauma and getting off meds slowly. (Just need a cooperative pdoc, mine doesn’t seem completely convinced and in the meanwhile I got TD and wasn’t taken off Invega)

And yeah, clean for 3 years now :slight_smile:

This will be my last post here, so thank you all for your friendship and sorry if I ever crossed any boundaries with any of you.

Lots of love!

15 Likes

You ok @Minnii?

1 Like

Yeah :slight_smile: Just tired, lot of real life issues to deal with.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Minnii. You don’t deserve this hardship - you are a good person.

1 Like

Thanks J :slight_smile: But everything is okay though, just annoying stuff not life threatening or too hard.

1 Like

I hope you’re okay too :slight_smile:
Send an email whenever you like!

I’m off, need to run errands! Just wanted to keep you guys on the loop.

1 Like

Take care, you. I’m happy and sad for you - hope you’re on the right track now.

3 Likes

Thanks Rhubes <3

1 Like

Hey, Minnii. Glad to have you back. I can relate to the idea of substance induced psychosis. You might not think that alcohol can cause that, but if you drink alcoholically it can play a role in the development of mental illness. A lot of people in AA can tell you about that. However, it wasn’t substances alone in my case. I was teetering on the brink of psychosis for a long time before I started to drink insanely. I guess it was self medicating. Be sure you have the support of psychiatric professionals when you come off your psychotropic drugs. We’re pulling for you here.

1 Like

You don’t mean that, right? It’s great that you’ve been clean for such a long time - a real achievement. Talking through the trauma with your therapist and weaning yourself off the prescription meds is the next step towards recovery. Depression makes us feel like crap. :confused:

1 Like

@crimby Thank you :slight_smile:

I do lol :slight_smile: Thank you.

1 Like

Hey minnii come back to forum…we all need u…!!! Why would u say that this is ur last post…keep coming back sweety…i like u woman…!!! Take care anyways…

1 Like

Lol Farcry, you’re a sweetheart.

I’m kinda tired of forums really and the internet and all that. Takes up too much of my time. I go to another one regularly and the work I have there is enough.

Wish you all the best though.

2 Likes

That means there can be recovery, the brain can heal from drug induced psychosis given enough time. How is the airbnb job going? It’s pretty cool that there are innovative ways of making a living now. By the way, good to see you online again even if only briefly. You got stuff to do. Lol. I bet sometimes people make a mess because they’ve never been in such a cool place as Portugal.

2 Likes

Neuroplasticity right? That’s what I’m hoping so I can move on with my life and leave the hard times behind :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Okay, I’m off for good!
Thank you all for your well wishes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had something similar. Amphetamines triggered my hallucinations. And if I recall you had voices too when you were switching meds. My point is this, be optimistic but take it one day at a time. You were always the one giving pep talks, however it turns out it will be okay.

1 Like

Good luck @Minnii.

1 Like

I miss you, @Minnii :heart: I wish you a bright and happy future. Take care of yourself.

2 Likes

Take care @Minnii I used to be “aztec-celt.” Idk if you remember me back in the old days.

But you were always so kind and supportive to me.

:heart: :v:

1 Like

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

I miss you too @anon9798425 <3

2 Likes