Still hallucinating on meds

The medicine isnt making my symptoms go away. If anything theyre simply making it clear what is and isnt real. Like the frail little girl i saw running that wasnt there. The fact that my mints smell like pepto bismol sometimes. And always the dots and filaments floating around when I look at things. Can meds cure this or do I have a bad understanding of what they do?

That is a huge start… Being able to tell what is and isn’t there is a very good starting point.

I had visual hallucinations on my meds for a while… then what I was seeing got smaller and smaller… and less and less… I used to see all consuming fire and family members dead…

Then it shrank down to a floating cat and a few odd things that fade with a second look…

Of course… mess with my sleep pattern… skip a dose… get myself worked up over something… it all comes back.

There are a lot of hallucinations I’ve been able to ignore and just wait until they fade.

Tactile ones are still with me here and there… but they are getting less and less.

Good luck and keep working through them.

1 Like

Ive noticed the tactiles diminishing. Which is a good thing. Its was most bothersome when I went for treatment. I dont feel hands squeezing me anymore or bee stings. But i do feel what seems like an occasional bug crawling but its nothing. Its always a pleasant surprise to actually find a bug crawling on me causing the sensation.

2 Likes

Gawd. Gimme a medicine that’ll do that.

The symptoms you’ve described exist – or “reside” – in brain chemistry within specific neurological tracks. Once those tracks get myelinated and replicated, it may take a while for the meds to block the Da receptors along tracks that are more “distant” from the substantia negra where the Da is produced… and where the anti-Ps can get at them.

What meds are you on, btw?

The medicine doesn’t cure it, a cure is forever. I still see things while on meds.

Yeah meds never touched my hallucinatory complexity. Fear drove my mind to make telepathy real.

Perphenazine (trilafon) and latuda

In many cases, those should get the job done, BUT… what happened to me was that the Seroquel just turned the volume (the emotional intensity) down by blocking dopamine channels in the limbic emotion regulation system. (Because, well, mine was under-regulated.)

I still hear the chit chat, but it’s “softer” (most of the time; If I am agitated…) and I have enough experience with the mindfulness therapies now to be able to just listen without getting “involved.” The other day I was too amped up about something, and the Voices almost got me killed (by an oncoming car). So I have to take care to say in the chill zone as much as I can.