Stem cells show promise-but they also have a darker side

7 Likes

Nuclear fission showed promised and it had a dark side too.
Think nuclear power plants vs nuclear bombs.
It doesnā€™t mean we shouldnā€™t pursue this avenue. Just take the necessary precautions.

2 Likes

Some other say stemcell is unethical .but it has cured mouse model of szā€¦

5 Likes

Here is an article from August 2016:

2 Likes

Andrey posted it beforeā€¦!!!

3 Likes

Nuclear fission was churned into a functional science for the purpose of itā€™s dark sideā€¦

I still get lost thinking about how the German Nazi are just ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and how much I love Richard Feynmanā€™s characterā€¦

Fall in love with America all over againā€¦

Dude that ā– ā– ā– ā–  is impressive. We ended a world warā€¦ twiceā€¦ and thatā€™s the most militant weā€™ve been.

Letā€™s cut the ā– ā– ā– ā–  and just acknowledge the world needs police.

Iā€™m only a pseudo-nationalistā€¦ but damnā€¦ as an american adult you start seeing why the states are the way they areā€¦ and there is a whole lot of brass crass against doing anything wrong at all. Their are levels of strict so thick up there that no ordinary human being could ever conform toā€¦ then they go off and giggle about it later.

boom!

Enough explosive force to trigger seismic activity just from mirrored impact on the surfaceā€¦ ainā€™t nothing safe no moreā€¦ except for the fact that it is those bombs themselves that keep it that way, just by laying aroundā€¦

puffs a cigar

Yup dem commie sum bitches ainā€™t no whatā€™s good for emā€¦ but what they do know is that shouldnā€™t ever mess with usā€¦

America winsā€¦ letā€™s have a barbecue and forget the malarkey

1 Like

I agree about the world being in need of a big brother, the problem is there is this gap between technology and civilization. Technology advances far more steeply than our moral compass can keep up.

Whatā€™s the first thing you think of when you see this?

if itā€™s not things edging on the realm of perversion, then I donā€™t like you.

1 Like

dudeā€¦ the digery-do-nots literally just want to die and go to heavenā€¦ they hate science and they donā€™t think much of anything should changeā€¦ it makes them question morality and their godā€™s wordā€¦ and itā€™s just frankly dumb to really come across people who are still living for what comes next.

That said they arenā€™t naturalistsā€¦ theyā€™re spiritualistsā€¦ like they are the worst thing from the planet because they are twice removed from being grounded and donā€™t even give a ā– ā– ā– ā–  about the future because they are deluded into believing that that great wink of death is just a door way to whatā€™s next and supposedlyā€¦ PERFECT!!!

hahaaaaaa

dude gotta love that their are enough people around who see it straightā€¦ we are going to fix human lifeā€¦ you canā€™t stop itā€¦ who cares if we integrate with computers and lose our gendersā€¦ ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€™s just crap and noise for people to talk over and fail to live up tooā€¦ hahahaha

oh my god the ironies of being a cosmic dissociate.

1 Like

I donā€™t know where the ā€œdarkā€ side is as referenced in the article. Itā€™s just not a mature technology yet.

They have figured out how to test lab grown cells for mutations that can lead to cancers.

CRISPR has promise for editing in diseases with a genetic component.

There was at least one case of a completely unqualified vision center injecting peopleā€™s eyeballs and blinding them. But that was not a failure of the technology so much as they did not differentiate or use them in the appropriate way. Itā€™s a good reason to not consider stem cell therapy except from research hospitals.

Dark side?? I was expecting something, well, darker. The implications of severely injured people living longer but possibly with only a partial recovery, in the further future, people living a long time and how population growth and employment would have to change, the problems of potentially only the wealthy having access to these technologies, etc. Not just ā€œthe technology isnā€™t mature yetā€. For that matter, new medications have a dark side then.

1 Like

Ur right sister twinklestarsā€¦love from Nepal.

I donā€™t think you know what a nationalist is. Itā€™s not someone who loves their country. Itā€™s the name a group of Neo-nazis gave themselves to describe their belief that all non-white people should be deported to whatever country their ancestors came from. Which makes no sense, because white people arent from America, but itā€™s what they believe.

Edit: apparently I was thinking of neo-nationalists. I have had run-ins with them in the past, so seeing the name kind of hit me.

Yeah noā€¦

naĀ·tionĀ·alĀ·ism
ĖˆnaSH(ə)nəĖŒlizəm/Submit
noun
patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.
synonyms: patriotism, patriotic sentiment, flag-waving, xenophobia, chauvinism, jingoism
"their extreme nationalism was frightening"
an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.
plural noun: nationalisms
advocacy of political independence for a particular country.

(from google)

Has nothing to do with facism or racismā€¦ itā€™s a bias of dominance all the same, but it is merely politicalā€¦

One thing to be proud of in being an American is the recognition of diversity and the slowly but certainly churning cauldron of the melting pot.

1 Like

Yeah, like I said, I was thinking of the neo-nationalists, who have given me such amazing lines as, ā€œYou should be sold for camels, not here pretending your opinion matters.ā€ The name has kind of stuck with me, since they so proudly proclaimed it.

asshats methed up to the gillsā€¦ I heard a neo Nazi quote Malcom X onceā€¦ I laughed till my sides hurt ignorant bastardsā€¦

1 Like