Starting latuda

I just started Latuda the other day. Anyone on this medication or have experience with it? Did it work for you?

2 Likes

I’m on Latuda. The only side effect I have is akathisia.

Edit: I have dulled libido, too. I like Latuda, though.

i’m already starting to feel the akathisia…sucks

1 Like

I just increased my dose from 80mg to a 100mg. It keeps me stable but it doesn’t fix everything.

Latuda was a disaster for me :skull_and_crossbones:

how so?

1 Like

I am on latuda.

Have been on it over a year now and have been pretty stable on it till I tried coming off it and that did not go well so I got back on it.
Was hysteria ,intense, rage and did not feel like myself but like someone else I was feeling.

I got jaw clenching but my dr perscribed medication for that.

Before latuda I was on olanzapine that made me gain twenty kg but I lost ten or twelve of those kg and now have normal Bmi.

Hope it will work well with and for you.:pray:t3:

Well it works different on different people.

But Latuda triggered me into talking to myself. After quitting it decreased a lot but permanently damaged me. I also drank a lot of alcohol on gained like 30 pounds on it and my body fat went from 20 to 40% :frowning: It was one of the worst medications I have ever taken. Plus I was sick with symptoms for like 6-7 months.

1 Like

sorry to hear that…I’m on a low dose to start, so hopefully my body will just ease into it. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

If it doesn’t work try Vraylar. Latuda did nothing for me.

I was on latuda for 6 months or so and had unbearable sugar cravings and gained a bunch of weight. I wound up trying to kill myself. It wasn’t a good med for me at all. I hope you have a lot better luck with it. I’ve heard a few people on hear that swear by it.

When i first started Latuda the pdoc put me on 40 MGS but i kept getting use to the med so the doctor increased it until i was at the highest dose. I take it in the evening after dinner. I’m on haldol too.

I’m on latuda for a couple of years. It has less side effects than other antipsychotics. The problem with latuda for me is it makes me gain very little weight slowly through the years but not as fast and quick as olanzapine. It helps me function but does not remove everything.

1 Like