Stage-based model useful in Schizophrenia recovery

Continuing the discussion from Five Stages of Recovery:

I am interested in James Prochaska stage-based model. Further to the original post by notmoses, I thought it would be fun to make use some examples from http://www.healthcentral.com/schizophrenia/c/120/34118/stages-change/#sthash.x2pFPHBL.dpuf to see how far we go in schizophrenia recovery.
Which stage you are at?

1. Pre-contemplative (subconsciously knowing that things have to change)
  2. Contemplative (consciously examining our lives)
    I began subtly to perceive what could happen if I didn’t take the meds, as early as my first hospital stay when I looked around at the others on the ward and felt I didn’t want to spend my life revolving in and out of the hospital.
  3. Preparation involves committing to educating ourselves about the illness, and making plans for the future such as working and finding a place to live.
  4. Action, we do what we’ve chosen to do.
  5. Maintenance we solidify and improve our recovery, using the techniques we’ve learned work for us and discarding what doesn’t. This last stage requires we act as the expert on our own recovery.
0 voters
1 Like

I am in the action stage. I am still learning all I can about my illness and what I can do to improve my life as well as putting it all into action.