SSRI withdrawal is like being electrocuted

Yeah you are right. From now on am not gonna fiddle any meds without a doctors supervision.

Good for you on the weight loss. That is cool. When do you think you are going to start trying for kids? Do you want boys or girls or a mixture?

1 Like

@Ninjastar

I donā€™t know if this was the case for you, but many doctors will tell their patients that SSRIs are not addictive (which is true), but they fail to tell their patients that SSRIs cannot be abruptly stopped.

I hope you feel better soon.

Iā€™m coming off an abrupt Wellbutrin withdrawal. Iā€™m going to ask my pdoc to be me back on a dose that is half the size of what I was taking. I was taking 200 x 2 daily. I quit that cold turkey. Iā€™m going to try to go back on 100 x 2 daily. I think Iā€™ll be more comfortable.

Hopefully the kids thing will happen in a couple years. After I hopefully graduate with my Masterā€™s degree. My life tends to run on hope. I canā€™t decide whether I want boys or girls, but I guess itā€™s not up to me anyways.

2 Likes

@Ninjastar please stop licking the 9v battery !! shocks to the body at all is very bad for your heartā€¦that is why electricians have so many heart problems.

Jukebox, the shock doesnā€™t even reach your heart. It travels between the two terminals through your tongue without touching the rest of your body.

1 Like

Why have you stopped amitriptyline?

I have been on nortryptaline for over 20years at max dose.

My sleep doctor wants me to switch from nortryptaline to wellbutrin or somthing that does not make me sleep so much.

It was a joint decision between my doctor and I. I only ever took it for migraine management, and Geodon has recently been shown to effectively treat migraines. It just didnā€™t make sense for me to take two meds if I only needed one.

1 Like

oi, I have a super weak heart.

I agree with @jukebox. Iā€™m not a fan of having my favorite moderator get shocked, whether itā€™s from SSRI withdrawal or a 9V battery. but youā€™re old enough to make your own decisions.

Absolutely terrible idea. That 9 volt can modulate your brain in pretty serious ways. It seems pretty innocent but it can have some pretty bad effects. TDCS is a neuromodulation technique utilizing a 9-volt but the current is only 1-3. M.A.

You are a moderator. You of all people shouldnā€™t be talking like this. That 9-volt working is your brain playing tricks on you. Telling a doctor that would give you a dosage increase and not a Nobel Prize.

See my previous link on the subject. Mr. Star is an electrician, and he agrees that the electricity only passes through the tip of the tongue without touching the rest of the body. In TCS, the two battery terminals are attached to the sides of your temple, and the current passes between them. Here, the two terminals are just on either side of the tongue.

I donā€™t want to jinx myself, but itā€™s been a full two days since my last brain zap! It got really really bad, then stopped suddenly!

1 Like

Iā€™m on ziprasidone and I get them too. Itā€™s good to know theyā€™ll go away over time