Some topics for my next psych meeting

I have nearly 20 topics I am going to address at my next psych meeting shortly, but one of the big ones is my current depression and sadness, I have started feeling both sad and depressed when I see that other people have their families and their children among many other things and I am missing those in my life, feeling sadness is a totally new feeling for me, the feeling I have not felt in the past, I know I have had my depressive phases, but somehow I feel I need to talk about these more now among those other things. There are many things I discuss at my meetings that I do not write here.

2 Likes

It’s good that you’re going to discuss these things with your pdoc. I understand sadness quite well, having been through many depressions in my life, and it is a hard thing to deal with. Hope you find some relief soon and feel better, @mjseu.

Be happy. For me, others are jealous of me. Everyone wants to be like me.

How do you figure out what to talk about? What topics?

I have my first appointment with a new therapist this afternoon. I’m dreading starting over and can’t figure out what to say about my current situation.

I have had these psych meetings many many years, I maintain my diaries and these help me to figure out what to talk about. I suppose in your case you could just discuss any matters that come to your mind that are relevant in your situation. Sometimes new topics come up during a meeting. It all depends.

1 Like

How did your meeting turn out Mjesu? I started with a new therapist about a week ago. I also wrote down a list of things for my last psych nurse meeting to which she gave me the impression I was being a hypochondriac malingerer. 10 years since a formal DX and now I’m gonna start malingering. That was my feelings anyways.