Sodium Benzoate For Schizophrenia sounds promising

If anyone is trying this - please let us know how it goes for you.

When mine turns up Iā€™ll give my honest opinion.

Its hard to order enough online I heard. The doses they use are much higher than the food additive doses. It probably takes a number of days for it to build up. Bad results may be the result of not taking enough.

It did improve some domains of cognition in some trial I read.

Whatā€™s the dosage for a schizophrenic like me of this stuff? Is it 1gram? Iā€™m not sure but my delivery might come tomorrow so Iā€™ll like to give it a try.

I doubt itā€™s gonna do much for me though.

Hereā€™s hoping.

I think 1-2grams/day is the sweet spot.

This stuff cures us?

Iā€™m not sure this will cure anything I mean itā€™s a good preservative, but Iā€™m really not sure.

I just had an energy drink and when I checked the ingredients it contained sodium benzoate.

Iā€™ll be amazed if this helps in anyway.

Who knows yet.

if youā€™re trying it - please post info on dosages, timing of dosages, and your results!

1 Like

@SzAdmin . Yes I will try my best to give accurate details on it as soon as it arrives.

Iā€™m only gonna take 1gram just to be on the safe side.

1 Like

This is my second day on Sodium Benzoate (1gram), canā€™t really tell if it did something yesterday because I had some alcoholic beverages before I took it. Yesterday, before going to bed I took some Sarcosine, this morning I took Sodium Benzoate and feel more calm and focused, less bored, less negative thoughts, I feel kinda mellow which is a nice feeling. Where I usually have no idea what to do on a free day and get bored easily I did quite some research on the inhibiting DAAO properties of Sodium Benzoate and what it really means if schizophrenics take it. Seems to me that Sodium Benzoate is really a chemical which some of us (just like Sarcosine) might really find profit off and others will see no benefit at all. Itā€™s too early to say that Sarcosine + Sodium Benzoate really works for me but so far Iā€™m planning on using it for weeks to see if this mellow/relaxed feeling will keep on and to see if it really affects my negative and cognitive symptoms (I almost have no positive symptoms in this regard). I highly recommend more people in trying Sodium Benzoate so that we can have our own ā€œresearchā€ on itā€™s effects on ā€œusā€.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if itā€™s safe to take if youā€™re already taking sarcosine?

Yes itā€™s safe to take with sarcosine because they did trials with both of them together.

Thanks @Green 15 15

After more than 2 weeks on sodium benzoate a little update. Like in my first update of the first few days I notice not much than being a little more calm, I have no improvements in negative or cognitive symptoms and like I said I didnā€™t have positive symptoms so I canā€™t say anything about that. However, what I do notice is a slightly shift in my mood and calmness overall in a positive way, I feel less bored, more focused, less depressed and an overall calmness. The past two days I changed taking it in the morning to taking it before sleeping (as well as the 1-2 grams of Sarcosine). I donā€™t know if itā€™s coincidence or not but my sleep-cycle has improved a little bit the last two days. From waking up 3-4 times at night it has been reduced to 1-2 times and I wake up fresh and feeling calm. This may well be to the use of Sodium Benzoate (because of itā€™s calming effect on me) or just pure coincidence but I have to see. I will keep taking Sodium Benzoate and Sarcosine at night to see whatā€™s the case and to see if this calm feeling and improvement in my mood continues.

3 Likes

I think I can ditto the improvement in mood/sense of calmness you describe. I take half a teaspoon a day.

I think I see an improvement too. Could be placebo though.

1 Like

Today I have started taking sodium benzoate. I will keep all you informed about any change I notice.

3 Likes

How are u fry ā€¦!!! updates us ā€¦!!! How long have u been on benzonte ā€¦!!!

2 Likes

Just today. After a week or so I upgrade my situation.

1 Like

Have u started doing job. I am just jobless. I think we have to wait for another decade for better medicationā€¦