So my diagnosis was officially changed

Rather than just having schizophrenia, i have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type. Anyone else on here with that diagnosis?

4 Likes

Yeah that’s my diagnosis

2 Likes

I got that dx. Best of both worlds sz and bipolar. Apparently very close to bipolar with psychotic features, my doc seems to think one dx one day then the other on the next. Treatment is what matters tho not the dx.

2 Likes

We SZA can’t make up our minds what we are. I mean BP or SZ so be both…That’s cool too. TBH still sucks.

2 Likes

Yep, my diagnosis also. It’s a hoot!

1 Like

Thats my official diagnosis but my psychiatrist usually just says I have paranoid schizophrenia. Apples and oranges.

1 Like

I’m schizoaffective…I don’t think I’m bi-polar because I’m not either extremely happy going to extremely sad…I’m mostly extremely depressed, or have no emotion. I do think I have a bit of OCD but have never been officially diagnosed with it.

2 Likes

Same diagnosis with me.

1 Like

There’s something called a mixed episode, when the two poles clash and roar at the same time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was diagnosed with that once but then two other providers disagreed and it is not anymore my diagnosis. I have schizo affective disorder depressive type.

1 Like

i was diagnosed with mixed bipolar (during my prodome phase), then schizophrenia, now schizoaffactive depressed type

1 Like