Sleep Disorders

Do any of you here on the forum have sleep problems? I have a 22 hour day, with two hours of sleep.

3 Likes

What the… that sounds like it isn’t nearly enough. When I was sleeping for 2 hours at a time this past summer I was freaking out. Are you tired or is that enough sleep for you?

wow, that is VERY little sleep. When I was younger I worked graveyard a lot and I worked 2 jobs. I was sleep starved and I think it permanently hurt me. I struggle to fall or stay asleep without meds or supplements. There is no way in hell I could function on 2 hours of sleep! That’s not sleep, that’s a short nap! have you tried anything to remedy that? I had severe insomnia due to meds a few months ago but now I sleep OK with my current meds. Sleep is very important.

@martinhersey1 u can take sleep aide for it …!!! I take zolpidem for it …!!!

I suffer from terrible insomnia from time to time, it seems to raise its head for a couple of months before disappearing again. I was staying awake for up to 10 days at a time at one point, I never want to do that again, though I am sure I will haha.

Sleeping tablets did not work for me, and my psychiatrist only chose to believe this once I had been awake for 10 days and purposefully took a dose of zopiclone equal to an overdose to prove that it would not make me sleep, and it didn’t. Not that it fixed anything, we just know that sleeping tablets are useless for me now.

For me, ‘normal’ sleep consists of 4 hours, any more and I’m incredibly lucky to have slept that long.

2 Likes

I sleep 6 hours on zolpidem …!! I can say insomnia can give u terrible psychosis …!!!

1 Like

Insomnia makes psychosis far more intense and prevalent, psychosis and insomnia are far from a good mix.

1 Like

In my life history insomnia played a vital role for developing Sz …!! I had countless insomniac night …!! it gave rise to sz eventually …!!

I sleep for an hour here or there. Will go days without sleep regularly. I have terrible nightmares when i do sleep alot of the time so it doesnt feel like i get any rest. Really havent slept more than 3 hrs in one day since October, and its really starting to get to me. This is the longest stretch i think ive ever gone thru without a restful night. Reality and hallucinations become difficult to distinguish and sleep seems more difficult the longer i stay awake. Right now ive slept a total of 2 hrs in 4 or 5 days. Meds dont seem to help.

2 Likes

I started suffering from insomnia in high school. I remember I was taking some medication for it but it gave me nightmares. I think i had a few good months on college when i slept relatively normal. Then my life got a bit messed up and it started all over. Eventually I discovered benzos. So its been a love&hate relationship so far.
I don’t have money to buy melatonin or any other supposedly natural stuff. I buy those healthy things for my kid.

1 Like

I’ve struggled w both insomnia and hypersomnia. Insomnia I’ve had my whole life, hypersomnia started in my teens. I’m actually getting a sleep study for it done soon but the doc told me she suspects it may be due to an adrenal issue?

1 Like

I get sleepy sometimes during the day, but a little nap takes care of it for the time being.

A good dose of reality every day. I’m doing quite well! I’m suffering more from isolation in my old age than from insomnia. Angry feelings arise-resentment at being forgotten and disregarded, esp. by family. I enjoy life immensely. Don’t know what to do about the built-in abuse in American society toward older people. Two hours of sleep isn’t really a problem except as how other people regard it. They hate me for being different. I just think they are sad. What I take as a matter of course, they think is unusual. I am becoming invisible. I see them much too well. They don’t know it either.

Sleep is so important for me, last night I slept 12 hours, in the Morning I felt my brain recharged, today I am full of positive energies, this is how much sleeping means to me …