Should I go on meds

I had my first hospitalization three years ago or so. Looking back on my life though I am 40 and I have had breaks before just not hospitalized. I was on resperdone for two years afterword. I have been fine with only mild delutions and hallutionations for the past year. The past few weeks I went into much greater symptoms to the point where I called the doc and scheduled the appointment. I have been getting better over the past three days. I am wondering if my quality of life would be much better on meds. The meds I took didn’t help me and had side effects. Should I try a new type or just have a therapist watch me weekly.

Dude, definitely take meds if you think you could get psychotic. I can’t believe I’m saying this but it’s the wisest choice you could make. Yea they suck and the side effects blow but it’s better than playing the revolving door of psych wards and doctors offices while you lose another ten years off your life to psychosis.

Yes I better I was scared last week took me a few day to realize it. I prob should have went straight to the hospital. At least I feel stable today

1 Like