Serquol questions

Hello, I have not taken a antipsychotic medicine for two years. I have taken zooloft a ssri at a low dose (100-150mg) and Ativan a benzo (4mg) daily for 1 1/2 years. Three weeks ago I stopped medicine completely. After speaking to my family, we are discussing the decision to get back on a antipsychotic, because It’s been 3.5years of my life at a standstill, I have not done to many productive activities that would get me back into the social/work,school swing of things. So we spoke to my pdoc about starting a low dose of serequol. I am curious to hear feedback from you guys of the positive and negative effects you have experienced from this medication.
-feel free to ask any other question

Seroquel works for some people I guess. It nearly killed me. I went bananas on it.

Agitation or highten delusions/hallucinations?

delusions/hallucinations.

I’ve been on it for many years and have found it fantastic.

I have had weight gain though

i’ve been on it for a year. it helped me sleep, it kept me asleep, some days i didn’t feel awake until i’d been up and active for four or five hours already, it further wrecked my already terrible memory so that days blended together and sticking to schedule became a real challenge…

but it gets me to sleep. without it, i don’t sleep, or i sleep in short installments and keep jerking awake because of hallucinatory noises.

i have also gained abt 20lbs on it, over the past year. meh.

pdoc is considering a switch to latuda but is adjusting other meds first.

For a long time I took a subclinical dose to put me to sleep. That is, I took 12.5 mgs. at bedtime for like two years It worked great, except I would need to sleep like eleven hours.

In the period I was on Seroquel, my fasting blood sugar kept rising. Therefore, I stopped Seroquel fearing it would lead to diabetes.

Jayster

How much sleep do you need now? I still need eleven hours and would sleep 14hrs if I could.

I take a bit of Provigil now . . .

J.

I was worried Provigil would increase my anxiety or psychosis. Do you use anything with caffiene.

Provigil might increase psychosis. But not anxiety. It is an antianxiety medication.

J.

1 Like