Seroquil ap

Hello

New ap. I’ve been freaking out over meds lately after taking 10mg zyprexa. Side effects were just too hectic and I’ve become extremely paranoid about meds which isn’t a good thing.

With regard to seroquil I just started and was so paranoid I’ve convinced my doc to start me on 100mg. Is this dose basically a sleeping pill.

Just want to hear advice.

Thanks

i was on 25 mg and 50 mg and it made me sleep like 16 hours a day at first I was on such a low dose it wasn’t doing anything for psychosis but I think the dose for that is like 400 I’m not sure

That’s the thing I feel kind of foggy,Tired etc but it’s such a low dose I don’t see why it’s making me like this

I used 50 mg to fall in sleep. But i quit because it was makong me too sedating

after a while it stopped making me tired it shouldn’t last that long

1 Like

Thanks hopefully there’s more replies :grin:

According to Wikipedia seroquel only acts as an antipsychotic at doses over 250mg. It can be used to treat mania at doses lower than this.

@Magicfish I’ve been taking serequel for a long time. I take 100 mg at night and that’s a fairly small dose as 50 is the only thing less. I was up previously at 300 but it gave me restless leg syndrome which is an absolutely horrible thing to have when your trying to sleep, it’s painful. I was prescribed another drug I can remember to combat the rls but now at 100 mg I don’t need the other drug and it helps me sleep. When I was at psych ward one time they gave me 600mg / day spaced out between meals - all I did was sleep and feel like a zombie.

Anyways glad to hear you’re on it I think it’s a good drug

1 Like

Thanks

Do you feel tired the next day though and like spaced out at 100mg which is a small dose. How did you feel at first when u took it.

@Magicfish

I take Seroquel. Yeah, when you first take it you feel very sedated, but over time you do build up a tolerance to it.

I take 600 mg at 9:00 PM (which was 6 hours ago), and I’m relaxed (not heavily sedated), but everyone is different.

1 Like

I think it helps me sleep better and I wake up feeling alright. No zombie effect anymore

1 Like

Do you take it only at night? I take 200mg along with some other meds in the morning and it helps. I think it overall a better choice than zyprexa

I wast taking 150mg twice during the day and 300mg at night it was very sedating and i couldnt handle the anxiety and aggression it gave me went back on to 20mg olanzapine which suits me better.