Seriously considering getting off of Benzos

I’m down to a low dose of Klonopin.
I’m now taking less than 0.25mg.
I might slowly taper off of them completely.
Depakote is doing a good job at taking care of my Anxiety anyway.

The combination of Klonopin and Depakote is not a good one.

1 Like

Ugh. It took me months. I did it in 2 week increments. Like

Week 1-2, take benzo every other day
Week 2-4 take benzo every 3 days
Week 4-6 take benzo every 4 days
Etc
Etc

I had such a tough time coming off just 0.5mg

If I decide to come off of it completely, I will take my time.
I’m down to a low and manageable dose currently.

1 Like

Been out for what a week now…might be why my guts are upset…hasn’t been horrible…but wasn’t on them long really…good luck

1 Like

Thanks @flameoftherhine :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you’re finding you don’t need it anymore definitely come off. I also came off Ativan when I felt I didn’t need it anymore. There are some situations where I miss it but generally I’m relieved to be off and not having that worry of becoming addicted or something.

2 Likes

Depakote has strong Anti Anxiety properties.
I have no real reason to stay on Klonopin daily.
I may take it as needed.

2 Likes

It seems to vary how hard it is for different people to get off benzos. You’re taking a small dose, so it shouldn’t be too hard for you. I was on 4 gm daily, and it was a little harder for me coming off them. The doctor did wean me off them slowly.

1 Like

I quit smoking suddenly, you can do it too. I was a heavy smoker for more than 15 years trying constantly to quit but not successful. You as a sz should know that most of hardnesses are delusions.

1 Like

When I was given 2 boxs of ativan over here its called (lorazpam) it was very good I used to pop 4 a day

I was on zoloft (sertraline) 100mg it came back on me though and I had agitation so bad

I am going to ask for ativan when I see pdoc I hope he can give me it for my paranoia.

1 Like