Schizophrenia isn't as much fun as I thought it would be

It starts off in hospital where you’re psychotic thinking you’re saving the world in an exciting way and then ends up with you just sitting on the couch watching tv all day because you can’t do anything else.

3 Likes

You’re lucky to have that psychiatrist, I wish they had not labeled me.

I asked that they didn’t. Well I freaked out that they didn’t or I would have probably run away again. It has been written many times but I refuse to read it. I believe I’m going to create more problems for myself.itas my truest dream to be normal and get a girlfriend get married have kids etc but I know 99 percent that’s not going to happen. The 1 percent I hang on to for hope. Labels change minds. I know I hear voices see demons think the world’s after me, but that name of it I won’t admit. I feel like I need to fight back. She understands this. Maybe it’s just a coping mechanism of some sort.

I like the interesting things said on this forum, its honesty etc. But I’ll never admit what I am and don’t want to see those written words. The 1 percent that I will come right somehow even with meds as they can cure a wide range of Mi make me happier.

It’s a daily fight even with meds. But it’s never been exciting. It’s a burden that at times thought was greatness. Hospitals are deadly they make me worse.I can’t trust them. Yes I am paranoid.

But I love my paychiatrist. I believe they need to give us a fighting chance before labeling us

1 Like

It was kind of fun, the voices were nice, I imagined that they were angels. It was like having a constant companion.

I suggest giving irritable bowel syndrome a pass – it’s, uh, crappy.

[rimshot]

:grin:

2 Likes

Get a big ass Sharpie marker and write over top of your label. Mine says AWESOME.

Believe it. Live it.

1 Like

Wow, so many serious replies to what was intended as a joke. Lighten up! I, for one, think it was a pretty good one, @77nick77 is a funny guy. :joy:

1 Like

The two episodes i had were a hell of a ride. It changed me and made me a better person, more sensitive and aware of the suffering of other people. It made me reevaluate my life and my mother who had the same illness. I kind of think in hindsight it was good for me. But i would like a guarantee that now i will never have another episode. I have had my lesson, now please leave me alone for the rest of my life with this illness.

They say every joke has some truth to it…

I like that. I’m going to use that to lighten the mood next time I feel like telling someone about my MI…

Hi, my names sherriff and I suffer from severe happiness…and schizophrenia.

3 Likes

15 character…

At least with voices you never feel alone or lonely…