Schizoaffective here

anyone else with the same?

2 Likes

Yeah, it sucks. I have scz affective bipolar type. It’s horrible. How about you?

me too… bipolar II

Yeah I’m schizoaffective. Had a manic episode and then a depressive episode. Been psychotic the whole time

I am too. depressive type

I either have Schizoaffective Disorder Bipolar type or Bipolar Disorder with Psychotic Features.
Doctors can’t figure it out.

Yeah I have sza. Started dx depression, then bipolar 1, then bp with psychotic features, and now finally sza! Yay! I keep progressing on my MI ladder, can’t wait to see what’s next! Go MI :smile:

5 Likes

My dad and i are both sza. So is my partner’s cousin

I have schizoaffective, bipolar type, and I had a progression of diagnoses similar to @Moonwalker, except I went straight from depression to bipolar 1 with psychotic features, then sza.

1 Like

I am as well, but my subtype isnt clear. Some professionals say bipolar 2 but im not sure because of the frequency of my episodes

1 Like

Yeah I have Sza Bipolar. I guess I’m often mildly depressed and in very rare occasions I’m manic. The only time I can really point to that I remember being manic I reduced my meds without checking with my pdoc and I had a terrible infection too.

I’m unfortunate that I have hallucinations almost all the time but fortunate that the mood disorder stuff isn’t that bad unless I do something unwise.

sza - major depressive to bipolar to bipolar w/ psychotic features to sza

2 Likes

Sza here too. It sucked my whole life. I’m finally getting some relief from it in my old age. I’m on a million meds though.
In my young years, the mood symptoms were predominant with depression and suicidal ideation standing out. When I got older, it was more paranoia and hallucinations that were the predominant symptoms and I had no mood symptoms to speak of.
Today, all symptoms are adequately controlled with AP’s, an antidepressant, and an anxiolytic.

1 Like

I take tegretol as a mood stabilizer. & risperidone for sz.

1 Like

I am also.on rispredal 4 mg everynight…whatz ur dose…???

6mg the maximum dose

1 Like

I’m SzA Bipolar type, though it’s not specified if Type I or II.
Just the imbalance of mood swings at times and psychotic symptoms regardless of moods at times, can be pretty confusing for me, just never know what to expect.

fortunately I am type II.
mania would be so exhausting…

I get hypomania, it’s not too exhausting but when depression hits, that’s exhausting on its own since it makes me wanna do nothing.

hypomania is great! sometimes it’s annoying & irritating, but generally it’s awesome.
depression is exhausting, true…