Say anything part 2

Wow that sounds like you’re having it rough… is she medicated at least?!

1 Like

No… Because my dad believes her.
You see, they’re fundamentalist Christians. And I brought crystals, rocks, in the house. She believes that, even though they made me get rid of them all, because I researched the rocks on there,
You know I don’t even care lol. It sucks so bad bro

1 Like

I’m really sorry to hear that. At least they don’t seem to care about your tablet. Things could be worse I mean. But yeah it still sucks…

1 Like

I’m watching my grandma who has early dementia (like Alzheimer’s disease) and she spent 20 full minutes telling me the same story about her experience with a teacher over and over. It was almost word-for-word the same. It was a short story, too, so she must have repeated that story like 20 times!
I just kept going “ohhh” “uh huh” “okay” “wow” and hoped that she’d stop telling me the same story if I just agreed long enough…
It was starting to irritate me a little bit but I couldn’t just tell her to be quiet so instead I just kept going “ohhhh”

1 Like

I was cleaning out the garage of a guy with Alzheimers , he was upset but had no idea he was moving, by accident I asked him what something was and it kept him busy trying to remember, so as we moved along I would keep handing him stuff and asking about it, kept him busy while we worked

3 Likes

Aw, that’s nice of you! I know it’s sad to watch someone struggle, so it’s great that you found a way to keep him occupied!

1 Like

My Nana had dementia. The last conversation I had with her she thought I was my Mum. It was really sad.

I’m sorry! I know that feeling. :frowning:
It’s tragic to watch how a whole person becomes weak and unaware.

At least you’ll have the memories of your nana when she was well! That’s what I hold on to…

1 Like

Yea, it’s really important to focus on the good times. Dementia is awful.

1 Like

My grandpa had dementia…last time I saw him he looked at me, then looked at my dad and said “I LOVE YOU”…2 years later I re-visited this moment in my mind when I had the delusion I was Hitler…my grandfather and father were/are Jewish and had the delusion that I was in hell and they gave me a Jewish dad so he would raise me improperly so I would suffer more, and my grandpa said “I LOVE YOU” because my dad was helping getting revenge on Hitler with his poor parenting. Really he was wacked out of his mind from dementia…but that’s what I thought…ya.

1 Like

I literally only have three hard no’s for medication, as in I will refuse to stay on it if it causes these things, it’s 1) severe & regular anxiety 2) loss of ability to orgasm or becomes extremely difficult to 3) excessive weight gain. That’s it. And out of alll the meds I’ve tried, the ONLY ONE that fit that criteria was Zoloft. How sad is that. I feel like those are very simple and basic requests for a medication and it is terrible I have only found one antidepressant, and not a single antipsychotic that abides by those.

And I’m probably going to have to go off Zoloft at some point anyways because it makes it incredibly difficult for me to go to the bathroom in any way.

1 Like

True, they said when I flew home from Indiana, they were gonna throw that away too, but they didn’t so I get to talk to you guys :smiley:

I’m sorry to hear that :frowning:
I had a similar problem. They told me that on 100mg+ Zoloft targets dopamine causing the sexual side affects to go away.

I meant Zoloft is the only med that doesn’t cause me any of those things. Just the bathroom problem…bah…

If I knew it would go away eventually I’d be more motivated to stick with it, but I know it doesn’t go away because I struggled with it for a year when I was on it before. It didn’t get better until I quit.

1 Like

Maybe try propanolol! It’s a vasodilator with anxiolytic effects

1 Like

I’ll look into it, thanks for the rec! I know gabapentin has also been suggested to me in the past too

1 Like

I’m into chinese tea lately. I’ve ordered Dragon Well and it’ll arrive today. :tea:

6 Likes

A shower may do wonderzzz Mountain man.
When I had ovarian cancer I had couple baths a day I think cause it gave warmth relief and helped.
Tiger balm can feel good too.

Do you have medication for constipation Anna?

I probably do not move my bowel once a week even so I am going to look in to getting medication.
It’s always been that way for me even off medication.

Too throw your computer is a pretty big thing to throw someone else’s belongings away.
Did or will they buy you a new computer that they think is clean?

Maybe you should talk to someone about it so you can get help and get another computer.

1 Like

Thank you olanzapine and latuda crewzzzz and makers.:bouquet:

When I thought I needed hospital because I felt psychotic I took olanzapine and calmed down and felt better and could again cope Day to day hygiene eat drink clean etc.

When I took latuda yesterday cause boyfriend told me too cause he thought I looked pale and I felt unwell and symptoms.
I feel better this morning.
Hope it will stay that way now yo.:blush:

Thank you health care workers and otherzzz​:pray:t3::two_hearts:

Thank you zoplicone makerzzz too.:two_hearts::pray:t3::bouquet: