Say anything here

I need

Noam Chomsky is a turn-on

Im in love with Scully

2 Likes

I named one of my dogs after her kid Piper.

1 Like

“conceived in the early 1970s as a challenge to Chomsky’s thesis that only humans have language”,[4] but whose “data, along with data from other studies, yielded no evidence of an ape’s ability to use a grammar”.

lol, stupid monkey., don’t even know grammar :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol 151515151515

Retirement and death

When Terrace ended the experiment, Nim was transferred back to the Institute for Primate Studies in Oklahoma, where he struggled to adapt after being trained to live as a human child [clarification needed] for the first decade of his life. When Terrace made his one and only visit to see Nim after a year at the Institute of Primate Studies, Nim sprung to Terrace immediately after seeing him, visibly shaking with excitement. Nim also showed the progress he had made during Project Nim, as he immediately began conversing in sign language with Terrace. Nim retreated back to a depressed state after Terrace left, never to return to see Nim again. Nim developed friendships with several of the workers at the Institute of Primate Studies, and learned a few more signs, including a sign named “stone” which indicated that Nim wanted to smoke marijuana.[11]

The Institute later sold Nim to the Laboratory for Experimental Medicine and Surgery in Primates (LEMSIP), a pharmaceutical animal testing laboratory managed by NYU. Nim’s time here was mostly spent receiving injections after being heavily sedated.[citation needed] Medical workers documented signs that Nim would make to them that included “hug” and “play”. After efforts to free him, Nim was purchased by the Black Beauty Ranch, operated by The Fund for Animals, the group led by Cleveland Amory, in Texas. While Nim’s quality of life improved at the Black Beauty Ranch, Nim lived primarily in isolation inside a pen. He began to show hostility that included throwing TVs and killing a dog.[citation needed] Nim’s behavior and overall well-being improved when other chimpanzees, several from the LEMSIP, joined Nim inside his pen after about a decade at the Black Beauty Ranch. Nim continued to show signs of the sign language he learned decades ago whenever a former trainer at the Institute for Primate Studies went to visit him.

Nim died on 10 March 2000 at the age of 26, from a heart attack. The story of Nim and other language-learning animals is told in Eugene Linden’s book Silent Partners: The Legacy of the Ape Language Experiments.[12]

■■■■■■■■■■■■■ evil ■■■■■■■ piece of ■■■■ humanity :disappointed:

1 Like

Wow. After 4th of different pain killers headache is calming.
Ready to sleep.
Goodnight forum. Night @notmoses and the one who likes me much @anon40540444 :slight_smile:

1 Like

saw a flyer on a car sayin’ “stop animal testing, use pedophiles instead” very rare to see stickers on cars in my country

A young man goes to see his doctor. He is overcome by a terrible sadness and doesn’t think anything will make him feel better. The doctor says, “Why not do something happy, like going to see Grimaldi the clown?”. The young man answers, with a knowing look, “Ah, but Doctor”, he says, “I am Grimaldi.”

Automobile insurance for people with disabilities is extremely expensive despite having a decent driving record without any fines for driving under influence.

Shadows flicker across the dark
Heart so broken, crying in pain.
My soul I search, to find me again
Seeking my purpose, myself, my blame

Morning arises against my heart
Voiceless actions numb dumb or insane.
Trying to will myself to death so many times
Yet still I wake to the morning sun.

So much pain I see in this world
I’m sure I’m to blame and done my part
Tire of this game of life. I don’t want a part
But still I’m drawn back to this pathetic charade

I fail to see what I have to gain from living anther day
I just freeze high on the cliff edge.
Afraid to live afraid to die.
Afraid of me and what I have become

1 Like

I apologize for the joke I made in the “psychological warfare” thread. Did not mean to offend anyone. I have a strange sense of humour. Politics without caring for one another is no more than tyranny.

I prefer a war of words than a physically violent one. Rap battles and hip hop. Plenty of it prepares me for the ■■■■■■■■ going on in public places.

Well, one cigarette won’t be so bad right about now hah, afterwords a ■■■■, shower and shave. Maybe a ■■■■ first.

i see you…

I wonder why America isn’t Mexico anymore.

Oops. Think I know that lol

Kurt Cobain must be God’s Son…his does curse the old man in one of his songs though ::smiley:

I heard it said that for the female her whole life revolves around her male…that’s a disgusting quality if its true.

Im contemplating splasinh money on the new Samsung Galaxy s6 phone, as I havn’t owned a phone in a couple of years. Anyone got any experince?