Say anything here

I emailed her…I’ve brought it up before in therapy but as of yet she hasn’t been particularly helpful about it…

At first I thought psychotherapy was cool because it looks at dreams and how your past affected you, but at times it can also be irritating because it doesn’t exactly provide coping mechanisms or solutions. It’s more like analysis of why you feel what way, which doesn’t necessarily stop the feelings. (Ironically I didn’t like CBT after a while because there wasn’t enough analysis or trying to understand. There needs to be a therapy type that’s in the middle of both!)

My therapist does a mix of what is helpful. Maybe shop around, look at different therapists and what they do. CBT is very hands to work kind of thing, is helpful for aggression.

1 Like

Yeah. I think I also need different kinds of therapy at different times in life. It’s just exhausting and a pain to find a new therapist. Plus it gets tiring retelling your entire life story for the millionth time.

Well, whatever it takes to get better. That entails shopping around a bit to find a good therapist too, also keep your pdoc on your side and work with her, don’t shut her out.

1 Like

I’m really excited for winter fashion. I love me some scarves and a nice jacket.

I’ve been essentially symptom-free for several days in a row, hoping to stay that way. Or at least not take any major steps backwards towards psychosis.

Ignore me if I interrupted a conversation, I didn’t look, I’m just bored.

have you applied for Medical Assistance? (such as Medicaid)…this will pay for the 20% that Medicare will not pay. It is income dependent based on need. If you go to a social services office near you they can tell you more. Otherwise, there are low cost supplemental insurance policies that wll also pick up the leftovers of Medicare, and these policies will cost you a monthly premium, which, depending on your health, will most likely pay for itself in what you save.

This morning , way before i should be awake, i drove myself to meet with two friends at a Buddhist sangha.
It was a small group, and I was the youngest person there.
We did two sitting meditations and one walking meditation.
i feel refreshed , and i will probably go back again.
had to face my fear of new groups of people, and spoke a little, not much
i find that deep breaths actually do work right before doing something you’re nervous about
the sangha meets in a Protestant seminary, which has a beautiful campus.
they follow the teachings of thich nhat hanh, who is a Buddhist monk, and very popular in America.

anyways, that was my morning, now i am going to relax :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well, I could say something nasty, but I won’t.

Doing laundry it never ends, best to do it in the buff then your up to date :smiley:

3 Likes

you talkin to me? :neutral_face:

No sir…

1 Like

i’m reading comics online… agatha christie books online… its kinda depressing… what i really want is to go out for expensive coffee with a boyfriend. or go to the cinema. or arcade., shopping, fast food restaurants.

i only eat eggs for breakfast now… no more noodles or bread… i hope i lose 5 kg.

1 Like

I knew I wasn’t alone but holy cow, there are a lot of us

2 Likes

My kitten Flash puts all her toys in her bowl of water, soaks them and then hides them…

3 Likes

Santa is real, I got a new car for being a good boy by giving up the drink…ho ho ho

2 Likes

is there something beautiful mysterious about sorrow …?

my mind heart and soul are meeting for the first time, feels amazing :gem:

3 Likes

reading a book about children with psychiatric problems & special needs, from the view of the teacher. theres schizophrenia. selective mutism, so i can relate to some stories…

1 Like

I didn’t know “selective mutism” is a “thing”…I went for months without speaking when I was in the early days of my SZ. I did that pretty frequently. I could not understand what people were saying to me. Nothing made sense. Best not to speak at all.

1 Like

Might quit being a jets fan and become a Seahawks fan