Sarcosine Researcher Interview - Your Questions Please

The researchers I’ve talked to suggested all sarcosine people buy today is manufactured (not distilled from animal flesh - which would be very expensive I guess). Have never seen any references to “organic” sarcosine.

What is the word on sarcosine and increased risk of prostate cancer ? I have seen several articles mentioning sarcosine and prostate. Would it be safe to take if at increased risk of prostate problems?

This had been worrying me. Thanks for reassuring me.

This is what I have seen on this topic - basically its going to take a number of years before the research has a better understanding on this. if you’re an older male (I think prostate cancer screening typically begins around age 50 or 55 in most developed countries) - I’d probably avoid long terms sarcosine supplementation until more information becomes available - just to be on the safe side.

Sarcosine is being investigated for its connection to prostate cancer. It may be a biomarker for prostate cancer, which means that if sarcosine levels in the blood are higher than normal, it could be an indicator of prostate cancer. This doesn’t mean that sarcosine itself causes cancer. More research is needed to confirm this relationship.

Source:

1 Like

Can you become dependent on it? Like if you take it for awhile and then stop do you suddenly need it even more than before? Are there withdrawals?

Thanks for responding back. Yes, I did try pregnenelone. It caused me to become inappropriate in behavior, which is a sign of mania for me. I had to go on Seroquel because of it. I tend to be an irritable-angry manic, so I’m understandably hesitant to take sarcosine.

1 Like

You asked another question: If I noticed any positive benefits from pregnenelone. I’m sorry, but I don’t remember any positive effects. (Not to say I didn’t have any.)

1 Like