Sarcosine Reduces Symptoms in Schizophrenia

I’d guess you’d have to eat a huge amount of those foods which would be totally impractical. :smile:

1 Like

It’s complete and utter garbage. Doctors don’t even know about it.

1 Like

the nutritional guidelines are high. just to get the recommended fiber you’d need to eat 3 meals of beans with side orders of beans to go with them.

It’s not garbage, and my Doctor knew about it.

1 Like

Whats with all the sarcosine bashing? Do people actually think their trying to get rich off selling it? I’m pretty sure meds sell for a little more than that…

Silly silly :joy:

1 Like

well, I’m just skeptical because I’ve taken amino acid supplements and all I noticed was alot less headaches.

and if you look at how many people die every year from medical errors, multiple it by the average years of life expectancy and then divide that from the total population and you’ll see for yourself that doctors kill 1 in 42 Americans roughly.

I’m sure the risk for taking an amino acid such as sarcosine is < than a number of other options.

Thank you for your concern though

2 Likes

Is N-Methyl Glycine the same as plain Glycine that I find on Amazon?

No - two different (though related) compounds. You can read up here about the compound:

http://www.schizophrenia.com/glycinetreat.htm

1 Like

Sarcosine, also known as N-methylglycine, is an intermediate and byproduct in glycine synthesis and degradation. Sarcosine is metabolized to glycine by the enzyme sarcosine dehydrogenase, while glycine-N-methyl transferase generates sarcosine from glycine. Sarcosine is an amino acid derivative that is naturally found in muscles and other body tissues. In the laboratory, it may be synthesized from chloroacetic acid and methylamine. Sarcosine is found naturally as an intermediate in the metabolism of choline to glycine.

If Brainvitaminz sarcosine smells and Dr T & T’s doesn’t they are obviously made in different factories and one could be better than the other, I wonder if the smell is due to an impurity or the active ingredient that the other one lacks, someone has already said that they found Smart Powders sarcosine worked much better than Brainvitaminz so I am wondering if anyone else can comment on whether one seemed to work better than another, thanks.

I googled sarcosine about odour and it says it is crystalline and odourless, so perhaps if you ask brainvitaminz why their sarcosine has an odour I guess we’ll know…

Look on the properties on the right hand side of the page:

Plus I’d love to hear their response, so post it here.

1 Like

Well done mate… good point.

Judging by a couple of people’s reports, L Theanine causes withdrawal symptoms when stopped abbruptly so I am wondering… Does sarcosine stop working after a while and/or cause withdrawal type symptoms when stopped abbruptly?

I’ve got dr t&t sarcosine. I don’t think it does that much. I will try some more in a bit.

I just ordered some from Brainvitaminz, I saw the Dr T&T on ebay and nearly bought some… hope it works for you.

and what illness do you have confused999?
or “illness”

I’ve not heard of any “withdrawl” issues with sarcosine - and in my experience using it (which is pretty episodic) I’ve not had any issues. Perhaps others can add their thoughts.

As far as “stop working” - I’ve heard that with some people on the forum, but for others it just keeps working - so I suspect its an individual thing. I’ve heard that for most “medications” and supplements your body does get used to it over time and you frequently need to slowly increase the dose to continue to get the same level of benefit - but I’m not sure how that applies specifically to sarcosine or similar supplements.

@SzAdmin I am trying to order and again it says it does not deliver to my area =(

I’d just try again - probably a glitch on the internet. If you still have problems - contact BrainVitaminz at their contact page: