Sarcosine WORKS!

kuckuckuc there are also cognitive symptoms they are very important, without cognition you can’t do anything.
and psychiatry doesn’t help with cognition.

Doctors go to university and learn their fundamentals. It is up to each doctor to keep up to date with the new research papers that come out constantly. Some lack the motivation or time to do it.

I would arm myself with a list of websites and links that can be found in the pinned sarcosine post on this very site and direct it towards the doctor in mind. Often when confronted with a scientific paper they become interested. A mere patient with sz would more likely be scoffed at, as was your case.

1 Like

I tried sarcosine for almost a month. It didn’t help much. Perhaps I will try it again sometime.

It takes awhile for it to start working, I have been on it for close to a year and I am still seeing improvements every day.

It didn’t start working for me until after a month of taking it every day.

I have some in the cupboard but does it REALLY work for some people?

So does it take about a months to build up in your system or something?

I tried it a while back but only for 3days, I’m not sure if it had any affect but I’ll try some now.

I’m not hoping for much.

I’m taking aripiprazol maybe I will try sarcosine again maybe It’s a good combo.

Hey just jumping in - I’m new here; also newly diagnosed with an affective disorder and have been given an Rx for a 2mg dose of Abilify. Haven’t started taking it yet as I am hoping to learn more about Sz and especially attempt some non-Rx approaches first. I’m not sure if that’s a good idea but it seems logical to me, for now.

Anyway! Glad I found this thread. It seems like this stuff really could help. I’m probably going to check out the Brainvitaminz stuff first.

Question - does anyone know whether one must do the N-Acetyl Cysteine that Profrontal sells and/or what are the disadvantages of not doing so? Brainvitaminz doesn’t combine the two?

This is an old thread. I don’t know if anyone still posts here. I’ve not seen those people

Lots of places sell NAC. I don’t know if it’s a “must” but some studies suggest it helps a third or more of people. It’s cheap and low risk, so probably worth a try.

ive got severe vertigo attacks on NAC but not on sarcosine

I haven’t yet tried sarcosine but I’m planning to order it here (https://brainvitaminz.com) next week.

I already take NAC with some positive effects here:

It’s only $11 for 4 month supply

The sarcosine on brainvitaminz is $31 for 180 grams

So it would seem much cheaper to buy the sarcosine and NAC separately than to use your ProFrontal

1 Like