Sarcosine Reduces Symptoms in Schizophrenia

ur from us bro…can u supply 2 asia…

I can try to ship to Asia. How much would you want?

2 Likes

This seems like a really bad idea.

Like any product - there are probably a lot of cheap, low quality suppliers out there that will sell you a product if you don’t know anything about how to evaluate the quality of the product - which could be really bad for you and anyone else buying it.

What type of quality control are you doing on it? In the USA and especially in some markets like California all food type products and supplements have to be tested and guaranteed not to have any significant levels of heavy metals and other chemicals that can be really bad for you.

For a few extra dollars a month - I think you want to buy the proven higher quality products that are more likely to be available already in the market.

While BrainVitaminz.com is an advertiser here - so we are slightly biased, we only allow advertisers on here that we feel comfortable with as providing a quality to our visitors. The company is owned by a PHD researcher who does testing and validation on all the quality of the products they sell. Similarly the company Profrontal is sold by, is also owned and run by an MD who completed his work at UCLA. Both those companies I would trust. I would only trust a company that is likely to provide a quality product to you.

5 Likes

Yeah, you are right, I will buy from a more trusted source and delete my proposal.

2 Likes

I did not realize that BrainVitaminz.com already had it for less than $10 a month. I think at first I mistyped the web address and gave up on finding it.

1 Like

@SzAdmin do BrainVitaminz.com ship sacrosine to asia…and why BrainVitaminz.com only have few product in their company.???like Bacopa monnieri
and other natural supplement …for brain esp sz…are they doing research or planning to come out with new product…cuz we expect more from BrainVitaminz.com.thanks…

Yes - I think they ship everywhere.

I think they are a small company that is focused on things that have good science behind them in terms of really helping people with brain disorders, and who want to improve things for people. Its run by a scientist. I think they plan to come out with more products in the future.

3 Likes

If you try Sarcosine - please be sure not to go over the 4 grams per day level that has been used in the research studies. Researchers have noted that high levels of Sarcosine (or Glycine, or D-serine) can actually damage your brain cells - which would obviously be counter productive.

Here is some info on this. Also - don’t mix Sarcosine, Glycine and D-serine - because you could get too much of the compounds targeting those brain receptors. Click on my post below to read the full information on this issue.

1 Like

Is sarcosine and citicoline(CDP-Choline) the same thing ?

The wiki page says:

Sarcosine is found naturally as an intermediate in the metabolism of choline to glycine. Sarcosine is formed from dietary intake of choline and from the metabolism of methionine, and is rapidly degraded to glycine 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcosine

I took citicoline for a while IIt seemed to help a bit with motivation

Well - the short answer is no - they definitely are not the same thing.

In all the clinical research studies that I’ve seen - they use Sarcosine (they have also tested Glycine too - but you have to take like 30 to 60 grams a day - which is a lot, and it causes upset stomach - so thats why most people don’t go that route).

I’m not a biologist or chemist - so I’m not sure why taking large amounts of choline and having your body convert it to sarcosine. I can only guess that the process isn’t very efficient (i.e. doesn’t work at the level that you’d need it to for it to offer a therapeutic benefit).

Thats my best guess.

I mean is citicoline(CDP-choline) as effective as sarcosine for negative symptoms ?

No - there are no clinical tests that I’m aware of that suggests that CDP-choline, or any type of choline, helps with negative symptoms.

Hi i started taking sarcosine 2g per day and N-Acetyl L Cysteine 2g per day ,how long till i feel something?

I think you want to slowly increase your dose on the Sarcosine over the next week or two , until you notice something or until you reach 4 grams a day. Most people here seem to start noticing a difference in the first week or two.

So i leave in Poland and i wanted to order Sarcosine + NAC from Profrontal.com but they are out of stock.Does Anyone know some good place to order both of this?

Most places don’t carry both of these. But you can probably buy NAC in Poland as its widely available I believe. Here are the sources I’m familiar with:

Sarcosine:

NAC:

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-NAC-600-mg-250-Veggie-Caps/694#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=NAC&rc=134&sr=null&ic=5

Thanks,i ordered sarcosine from http://www.brainvitaminz.com , let’s see how long i will wait on it.
Do you use it and does it work on you?

Do you recommend sarcosine for sza patients with a tendency toward mood symptoms? I am on three different atypical antipsychotics, Celexa, and an anti seizure medication for mood stabilization. I have pretty pronounced negative symptoms in the form of anhedonia, low motivation, poor self care habits and social withdrawal. My mood is euthymic right now and has been for years. I am just afraid that if I start taking this sarcosine, it has antidepressant properties, and it will throw me over the edge into mania or just irritability, which I despise. What do you advise? The last time I took one of your new drug recommendations to my pdoc, he said he had never heard of it and gave me the go ahead to disastrous results.

My ,sarcosine just arrived after only week of waiting.I will buy NAC and i will start test those thing together we will se how its work.Even if it won’t working next thing i will order will be Profrontal Sarcosine+NAC.

1 Like