Sarcosine Reduces Symptoms in Schizophrenia

They target different brain receptors and provide different benefits (sarcosine seems to help with negative symptoms, L-theanine seems to help people with anxiety / stress and sleep) so there should be no problem with taking them at the same time, but I’ve never seen any studies on them being taken at the same time.

THere is another called pregnenolone that might also be helpful:

1 Like

Is there any improvement in creativity? Mine has really been squashed by this disease. I also want to know : If i just started L Theanine, is it wise to also start Sarcosine at almost the same time?

oh sorry…I see you answered the second part of my questions already…but i still would like to know about the impact on creativity

in “recent” SZ??? Does that mean newly diagnosed? I’ve had SZ for 30 years…I cannot expect this treatment to work?

@SzAdmin sorry I couldn’t read the whole article but I have some questions if you would like to answer them for me. Are there any adverse effects taking it with medication, does taking it have any side effects, and is this just something that kinda helps, but is mostly a associate that you’re website gets profit from in order to help run this website, which I have no problem with.

Here are what the research studies say:

Side effects
All the subjects completed the study and reported no serious side effects.

Discussion
This current study has evaluated the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of 2 and 4gm/d of sarcosine in order to test the possible use of this compound as add-on treatment for schizophrenia.
In general, sarcosine was well tolerated by the patients. Administration of sarcosine at 2 and 4gm/d for one week appears to be safe. No significant events, abnormal laboratory results or ECG abnormalities related to the study medication were noted.

Source:

I woul guess that they don’t know just because the group they tested on were all recently diagnosed so as to reduce variability. Since there are no known side effects, you could just try it and see.

I just ordered 60 grams. ill likely start it by the 20th. ive got high hopes since the L-Theanine has been brilliant to me…

Ill share the results in a bit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Warning to all of you using Brain Vitamins…I ordered sarcosine several weeks ago. Their email said I should get the product in a few days. Well it never arrived. They have deducted the money from my bank account but I’ve had NO response to two emails in which I told them to either send a new shipment or return my money. Beware of this site.

2 Likes

Hi
I’m new here. My 46 year old son has just returned to his home from inpatient stay(s). His fears, paranoia, and the delusions are all he can focus on. Wife works out of the home and he’s fine when she’s there. He’s not doing well alone. I would be very interested if you would let me know if trying this amino acid helps you before I purchase it for him. Thank you!

odds are youll get it in a few weeks. i remember reading about someone else who didnt get there shipment right away and it took a few weeks

i ordered from smart powders . took a few weeks

Unfortunately I don’t know…

I just heard from Brain Vitamins. I’m not sure how he will handle the missing shipment…hopefully he will make good on it. He said he was backed up and was just now catching up on some emails.

2 Likes

Have you heard anyone else getting jipped ?

Oh good. At least you know they’re not flakes

I just finished my gram. The 23rd of november. I feel good so far. Maybe if this works I can take lsd and smoke herb successfully… lol. Totally kidding.

@szadmin is there sugar mixed in this ? Or is it just naturally sweet ?

sarcosine is naturally sweet. There is no need for sugar to be mixed in any sarcosine product.

I started sacorsine 2 days ago, for now I can’t say it has a lot of effects on me.
I’m taking it with the hope that this medication reduces my negatives symptoms that are really annoying especially the “flat affect”

2 Likes

5 days in. im up to 2 grams a day. i feel more enthusiastic perhaps… not sure im improving or not yet… but no allergic reactions so thats a plus so far