Sarcosine, also known as N-methylglycine is working wonders for me, Should I stop taking Olanzapine?

Sarcosine, also known as N-methylglycine is working wonders for me, Should I stop taking Olanzapine?

I take 20 mg olanzapine every night and I want to stop taking olanzapine and take sarcosine only.

Is it good enough?

I was on 20mg of Olanzapine for a few years. I dropped my dose down to ten thinking that I was going to be fine, as I had done that in the past. However a few months down the line I started getting symptoms again, and now I am on 10mg of Olanzapine, and 30mg of Abilify.

You may be able to drop your dose and not experience any symptoms, however I’d make sure you lower the dose with a doctor. 20mg is the highest recommended dose, so I can imagine you must have had it rough in the past.

Good luck, I hope you find a solution. For me it’s another medication, but I hope you find the best way for you as quick as possible.

I must say that Olazapine is in my opinion, a nasty drug, which is why I am glad to be moving onto something different.

Scott.

2 Likes

Definitely not. The is no research to support the idea that Sarcosine is an antipsychotic - it won’t help with delusions or voices. Its for the negative symptoms.

You might talk with your doctor to see if he thinks you might be able to lower your dose of Olanzapine, however.

4 Likes

I take Olanzapine. I’ve checked other posts - Sarcosine is a supplement - checked the NHS website and now know what negative symptoms are. Checked our main health food retailer in the UK - they don’t sell it. Any info much appreciated?

Sorry to hijack someone’s post but I’m new to getting around this site.

1 Like

From what I can find I don’t think it’s available in the UK yet. But it’s good to know about this for when it might be available.

1 Like

People from the UK are just ordering it from the USA. Most of the suppliers ship it internationally:

More details on the science behind sarcosine here:

2 Likes

I VERY much agree with szadmin on this. Sarc is great stuff for certain aspects of sz, but not for the “essential” sz itself. If the Zyprexa is unduly arduous to deal with, there are lots of alternatives you can discuss with your prescriber.

3 Likes