Running/exercise on Clozaril

Does anyone on clozaril run or perform other aerobic exercise? I started on it recently and can only run 1/4 mile (down from 5 miles).

Geodon did that to me. It must be common.

I think all the ap’s do that to you. That’s the only thing I hate about Geodon. I used to like to go backpacking, but that is out of the question now.

How bad does it effect you

Can only run 1/4 mile

Pretty bad. I used to do 2,000 repetitions on the jump rope and run five miles every day, when I was younger. Now, I can jog about 1/4 of a mile.

Yea. I used to run 3 to 5 miles a day. Now I can barely run around the block. It happened when I started taking Geodon.

Noticed it immediately. And now I am carrying 40 extra pounds. Jogging is out of the question.

I alternate between going out for a run and lifting weights, I find that vigorous exercise helps me alot with the side effects of clozapine, in some cases I was feeling ill and exercise miraculously cured me! If you really push and get your heart rate up it should really help you.

im on 900mg of clozapine and run 3k per day

Another thing that might help you is an obscure dietary supplement called methoxyisoflavone. It is completely harmless with no side-effects while at the same time balancing out you blood sugar and hormones. Your decline on running performance is probably due to side-effects from the clozapine, it probably messed up your blood sugar and hormones. You can buy it here: https://www.amazon.com/Methoxy-Isoflavone-Capsules-Builder-MASSIVE/dp/B00TTY6HI2

Another thing that really helped me is a supplement called Suma Root, it is a natural extract that contains methoxyisoflavone along with ecdysterone (a similar compound that does the same thing). Suma Root is very gentile with no side-effects You can buy it at your local vitamin shoppe or order online from them

I’m on Modafinil too now and can run two miles if I go in the evening when Clozaril has burned off. Trying to build up.

I’m on Abilify (a.k.a. Aripiprazole) and my most recent jog is 3.75km or 2.33 miles in 40 minutes with a warm up & cool down on my treadmill.